Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
b.wofter
Accepted Solution

I've lost my E2000 password (not the WEP key or the WPA passcode)

Alright, the computer I had cisco connect on crashed. I got a new computer and I'm trying to install Cisco connect using the downloaded version and I can't install it because it requests the password of the router, which i do not know. This is because I've lost the CD copy of Cisco connect. I've tried resetting the router itself by pressing the red reset button, which did no good. I'm looking for any solution. It's a Linksys E2000 and I do believe the password is the original factory default (random values, I know that much)

Expert
OnnagokorO

Re: I've lost my E2000 password (not the WEP key or the WPA passcode)

Do the 30-30-30 reset rule.

check this http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30

then try entering the default username and PW. Which are I think both "admin" (small caps and no quotation)

b.wofter

The E2000 uses a randomly generated password as I know when I first set it up it's user name and password were NOT admin admin. It was a mixture of numbers, letters and symbols.

losl

The randomly generated password and SSID (WLan user name) is for both wireless security and

web GUI login. After reset your router to the factory default, enter 192.168.1.1 in the URL in your

browser to open the web config page, don't put anything for Username, enter "admin" for password.

You can now config the router.

Good luck !!

SLo 

veravic1228

I can't remember the password when my tablet asks for it.

Message as follows:  enter the guest access passowrd to access the internet.  Ask the owner if you don't know the password.  The guest access password can be found using Cisco Connect.

Help.

Thank you

amadou65

e2000  cvro1k911664. 1415.1439