Highlighted

I would like to get my E2500 to tell me what is happening by displaying its log files. Anyone?

I was experiencing dropped WiFi connections on an older LinkSys E3000 router and couldn't figure out why.  So I replaced it with a new E2500 I got at a nice price.  However, my new E2500 router is dropping BOTH wired ethernet connections as well as wireless connections ( assorted devices like samsung tablet, iphone, etc).  

Turning WiFi off and then on again reconnects every time.  My TiVo box, on a wired connection, will loose its network connection about once an hour when streaming but will reconnect in about 5-10 seconds if you tell it to retry.  No idea what that command does.

I tried changing ethernet cables but no luck.  I tried setting the max mtu size and no luck.  But this is silly ... why can't the router simply tell me what is happening????

I assume that the router is logging messages.  So, I logged into the E2500 but the diag and logging features seem incapable of passing along useful information.  I figured I'd ask here if anyone has figured out how to look at the log files on the LinkSys router.  Its a whole lot easier to just let the router tell me what is going wrong than to continue replacing parts.

BTW ... my cable modem shows good signal levels and nothing unusual in its log files.

Re: I would like to get my E2500 to tell me what is happening by displaying its log files. Anyone?

Hi, fatboytx. The Linksys E2500 doesn't have the feature wherein it will allow users to transmit the log information to a log server. Just to verify, what's the current firmware version of your router so we can sort it out?

Ces-21490
Linksys Technical Support

Re: I would like to get my E2500 to tell me what is happening by displaying its log files. Anyone?

Hi, the firmware version is:  3.0.01 build 10 Sep 1, 2015

Thanks!

My bad. Found newer firmware and just installed it. Current version is 3.0.02 build 2 Jun 6, 2016.

I have wireless diag running on my MAC and I'll see if it catches anything interesting if the router burps again.

Just to wrap up this thread ...

I inquired about the ability to examine sys logs on the router, wishing it to tell me about error events for trouble shooting disconnect problems.  However, support has stated that this feature isn't avaiable on the E2500.  So, no further discussion is necessary.  Sure wish I could just telnet in and examine but what the hey.  

I've since updated firmware and I haven't had any dropped connections since yesterday. 

Fingers crossed,  Fatboytx