Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
zherwell
Accepted Solution

INTERMITTENT CONNECTION AFTER UPGRADING

[ Edited ]

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME ABOUT MY PROBLEM. I BOUGHT MY WRT54G2 WIRELESS ROUTER LAST NOVEMBER 2009 WITH STABLE CONNECTION. I UPGRADED THE FIRMWARE THE OTHER DAY FROM  VER.1.0.03 TO VER.1.0.04. AFTER A DAY I NOTICED AN INTERMITTENT CONNECTION EVERY NOW AND THEN..I CALLED THE ISP BUT THEY SAID THEY FOUND NOTHING ERROR TO MY CONNECTION. SO I PRESUME THE CULPRIT IS THE UPDGRADE.. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO. IM PLANNING TO RETURN TO VERSION 1.0.03 BUT MY BACKUP IS GONE. PLEASE PROVIDE LINKS TO WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD MY PREVIOUS FIRMWARE...THNX IN ANDVANCE...

FYI... i used wired connection to my four PCs

Message Edited by zherwell on 12-01-2009 10:42 AM
Message Edited by zherwell on 12-01-2009 10:46 AM
Expert
sabretooth

Re: INTERMITTENT CONNECTION AFTER UPGRADING

After every firmware upgrade you must hard reset the router and reconfigure it.  Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds and release.  Wait 30 seconds and now power cycle the router.  Once complete connect via your wired computer to 192.168.1.1 user name blank, password admin.  Now reconfigure your router and wireless settings and test.
zherwell

thank you for giving time to my problem.. i think youre right...coz now as i observed dnt have intermittent connection...tnx a lot!
Mort

It's Great to know that your issue has been resolved now...:smileyhappy:
danielsutton@gmail.com

Do you really have to hard reset a router after performikng a firmware upgrade?  I have upgraded my wrt610n v1 router a few times, and after power-cycling it, I was able to reconnect to the network and the Internet.  I am using a v2 router now and have the most current firmware installed.
zherwell

i thought my problem has been resolved but for now i have intermittent connection. my isp said that my connection has no trouble at all..please give me some link to version 1.0.03...
dbirck

I have a WRT160n v2. I upgraded the firmware and reset the router per your direction, but now I'm unable to get into the router administration. When go to 192.168.1.1 and leave user blank and "admin" for the password, after 3 times it stops doesn't let me in. Suggestions?

Abeverage

After my last Firmware update to Firmware Version: v1.02.7 I also have intermitant connection and this is on a wired connect as well as wireless. This is really unacceptable and I am not upgrading to a new freak'n router Cisco! Planned obsolescence. I am not happy about this one bit. FIX IT AND FIX IT NOW! I seriously doubt you need to do a hard reset I have never had to do this in the past! So you basically telling me to setup all my connections again, reset my security and and PC lists? I DONT THINK SO! FIX IT!
Expert
sabretooth

Setting up your router configurations takes all but what... 3 minutes to do.  Not that hard to perform.  Since performing a hard reset resolves over 80% of the issues here, that is why it is suggested to do this and then continue troubleshooting. 
lincoln-echo

Please dont forget to reset the modem when reseting the router:manwink:
Lincoln