Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
adrien

IP ADDRESS

when I go through the cd rom set up for my router it asks me for an ip address, whitch address does it want? how do I know my own address

Re: IP ADDRESS

who your internet service provider..  if you were given an IP adress by your ISP, then that's the one you'll need to be set-up with the router... otherwise, no need for you to set-up an IP adress... pls go to http://www.linksys.com/kb . In the search field, type in your ISP ex. cox. then hit search..  (NO NEED FOR YOU TO GO WITH THE SET-UP CD)

"a helping hand in a community makes the world a universe"
adrien

my ultimate goal is to setup some simple security i pressed the ses button it flashed white nothing came up on my computer screen and the light went orange again 

The SES button is designed for your wireless network's settings with a wireless card who also supports SES. if u need more info about SES, go to www.linksys.com/kb and look for answer id 2744.

If you want to set wireless security manually look for answer ID 759.  Of course, I assumed right now that your router is working OK now, meaning, you have internet connection thru it.

adrien

I found answer 759 but when I try to acces the router it wont accept the default password I dont remember even changing it, can it be reset ?
acenmbr1

[ Edited ]
You can reset your password by pushing the reset button on the router for about 10 secs.  That will reset the router to default on everything, so you will need to reconfigure the router.  But that should reset the router to

username -
password - admin

Message Edited by acenmbr1 on 10-26-200604:37 AM

Jason