Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
kaitykat

IP address page won't load?

I am trying to set up my wireless internet with my new Linksys router and the directions say to go to http://192.168.1.1/ but this page keeps saying there is an error loading page. It won't load... am I doing anything wrong? Is there any other way I could set up my wireless internet and put a WEP password on it? I'm on a computer running Windows 98, could that be the problem? The internet works fine when it's plugged in but I need the wireless to work, too. Plz help!
violisforlife

Re: IP address page won't load?

The way i see this working is.... the IP page is so that you can look up what you router is doing and what not but, are you wanting your computer to connect to the router? Because if you already have the router set up then i think you can just go to START then CONTROL PANEL then NETWORK AND INTERNET CONNECTIONS then SET UP A WIRELESS NETWORK FOR A HOME OR SMALL OFFICE. all of that is for a windows XP so i dont know how that will work out but i think it should be similar. if that isnt what you wanted then sorry but if it is the general idea and it doesnt work i think i have another idea so just say so and ill type it out.
rayman

I might be getting the same thing. The web-based utility (at http://192.168.1.1/) does not load correctly. It indicates the error loading page. I did the chat thing with Linksys and did a firmware upgrade outside of this the web-based utility . It did not help. Because the utility will not load correctly, I cannot access any tabs and much of the text is missing. Is this the same problem and does anyone have a suggestion or solution? Thanks.
okurah

kaitykat >>>

Are you trying to access http://192.168.1.1 (router's Web-Interface) on the non-working wireless PC? I guess your wireless PC is not yet wirelessly associated to the router and that's probably the reason why it won't open the page. Try to use one of the working wired PC to load the router's Web-Interface and configure the wireless settings from there.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:
okurah

rayman>>>

You have a different case, you are able to access the Web-Interface but it won't load the page completely. Try to check your browser settings or try it on a different PC to further isolate the problem. :smileyhappy:

kaitykat

Violisforlife, I tried to look for options like that but I couldn't find them. Does anyone know how to do something like that for Windows 98? I really want to get my wireless working and put a password on it so other people can't use it.
lt
lt

A few questions first. Which router? which wireless, usb, pccard? Windows 98 or 98SE?
okurah

kaitykat>>>

Are you trying to access http://192.168.1.1 (router's Web-Interface) on the non-working wireless PC? I guess your wireless PC is not yet wirelessly associated to the router and that's probably the reason why it won't open the page. Try to use one of the working wired PC to load the router's Web-Interface and configure the wireless settings from there.

In addition to my previous post, you have to verify the Operating System running on your wireless desktop. The Wireless Adapters only works with Win 98se or higher. The option suggested by Violisforlife (START then CONTROL PANEL then NETWORK AND INTERNET CONNECTIONS then SET UP A WIRELESS NETWORK FOR A HOME OR SMALL OFFICE) can only be found on Win XP Operating System.

kaitykat

The router is a D-Link DI-614+ router with enhanced 2.4GHz wireless... So says the box.

What does Windows 98 SE mean? And how do I check if I have that? And if I don't, it means I can't use wireless internet in my house? I mean, the internet is working cuz I've got a wire plugged in but I'd like the wireless to work for my laptop.
okurah

[ Edited ]

kaitykat>>>

You mean that the desktop wired to the D-Link router is running Win 98? What is the Operating System of your laptop? Right Click My Computer Icon then select Properties and verify the Operating Sustem (Windows Version).

Message Edited by okurah on 07-01-2006 03:15 PM

Message Edited by okurah on 07-03-2006 06:35 PM