kaitykat

Re: IP address page won't load?

[ Edited ]

Sorry about the confusion. I have THREE computers in my home. My boyfriend has a desktop with a wireless card it runs WinXP. My laptop with a wireless card also runs WinXP.

Yeah the desktop is, okurah. So I'm supposed to be trying to set up wireless with a computer that is going to need the wireless? The desktop computer that is wired {means the computer is connected to it, right?} to the router runs Win98 Second Edition.

Also, does anyone know anything about laptops? My laptop suddenly broke. Lol. While I was trying to figure stuff out, it got mad at me, I guess. I had burned out the video card and don't know where to get a new one so it was just using the stock video card for a while and now when I try to turn on the laptop, the fan goes on and the light turns green {indicating that it is on} but nothing shows up on the screen. It's all just black. =/ Does anyone know anything about what could be wrong with this? And does anyone know where I can buy an ATi Mobility Radeon 9000? I've tried looking online but have had no luck... I"m pretty computer illiterate, though. Heh.

Message Edited by kaitykat on 07-02-2006 08:18 PM

Ariana

rayman wrote:
I might be getting the same thing. The web-based utility (at http://192.168.1.1/) does not load correctly. It indicates the error loading page. I did the chat thing with Linksys and did a firmware upgrade outside of this the web-based utility . It did not help. Because the utility will not load correctly, I cannot access any tabs and much of the text is missing. Is this the same problem and does anyone have a suggestion or solution? Thanks.

I'm having the same problem as you rayman. I also chatted with Linksys and upgraded the firmware via tftp (which was sucessul) but I still can't visualize almost anything. I even reset the router; fortunately I could setup some parameters with the wizard that comes on the cd but when I was doing this i receive a message error saying that "Sender Error while upgrading the router's laguange pack".

I don't have any security on the wireless conection.

I have a wrt54g v.5. Do you have the same one??
okurah

kaitykat>>>

You need to configure the wireless settings of the D-Link router using the wired win98 desktop. This includes setting-up a Wireless Network Name (SSID) and wireless security. When you're done with the router, the two wireless machines (dekstop and laptop) should automatically receive the signal broadcasted by the router.

With regard to your laptop, you may need to contact the retailer or the manufacturer to fix the problem.

okurah

Ariana>>>

Have you tried a different PC?

Ariana

okurah wrote:

Ariana>>>

Have you tried a different PC?

Yes, on the 3 pc's I have.

This problem is not recently, it has months (I bought it the last days of March,2006 and used since the 2nd week of April) but because I didn't have enough time to take care of it, I kinda ignore it.

The first time of the router's use was fine, I tried it on a clean pc (just formatted) with no problem at all. I don't use that pc very much, I really don't even use it and nobody does, just as a File & Print Server.

Because I use more my laptop, I tried to access from it (wireless),first from Opera but it displayed just like now. Then with Iexplorer and it showed ok, I was relief and I thought that Opera was not supported. But few day later, the Iexplorer displayed as equal as Opera; I don't even use Iexplorer and no one else uses my laptop so no configuration was changed.

I then tried again on the first PC. Having the same results, I installed Mozilla and Netscape (on both), no difference at all. Finally I tried to access from the other PC and guess what, the same.

I'm really desesperate because I was obligated to reset the router in order to have access to the internet through my new ISP (from static to dhcp), which left me with no wireless security. I can't even use the "Easy setup".

Oh and another thing. When I tried to access the router wired with the cd setup, it didn't recognize any internet conection but when I plug it directly (from the modem to my pc), was ok. I tried this before resetting. And now, when I use the Setup Wizard, this message is display "Sender Error while upgrading the router's laguange pack", just when you are ask to select your internet connection type.
Ariana

rayman wrote:
I might be getting the same thing. The web-based utility (at http://192.168.1.1/) does not load correctly. It indicates the error loading page. I did the chat thing with Linksys and did a firmware upgrade outside of this the web-based utility . It did not help. Because the utility will not load correctly, I cannot access any tabs and much of the text is missing. Is this the same problem and does anyone have a suggestion or solution? Thanks.

Try shutting down your firewall, I did this and it worked.

Some guy on "WRT54G admin page does not display correctly" posted this:

"beep wrote:

My experience was very similar. After going through two WRT54g V5 routers, and downloading a firmware upgrade my second call to tech support fixed the problem by having me disable Zone Alarm. I was then able to complete the setup on the Admin page. I'll just have to remember to turn off ZA whenever I want to make changes."
Suzanna

Unbelievable, I've been months trying to figure this out... that solved my problem, I turned of Zone Alarm and now I can view the page correctly. Thanks!
kaitykat
I don't know HOW to set up the Wireless Network Name and wireless security... How do I do that? I really need to get a password on my wireless cuz somebody keeps using it and makes my internet SOOO SLOOOWWW. =/
DeliriousNomad

I had the same problem with my Linksys router. The problem is the PC does not see the router for some reason and you cant go to the admin page into the router. Turns out this was an easy fix after hours of messing with the thing. Go under easy answers ID# 2210 under support and follow the steps and it should fix your problem. It helped me fix it in a jiffy. It's all in how you power off your modem,pc,router in order and reboot them.
adrian

Hi Guys! I recently emailed Linksys techsupport about the problems I had accessing the setup page of the router (admin page, web UI, console, web interface, IP address page or whatever you call it). I am not that technical that's why I really can't easily follow instructions but here's the script they sent me and it really works for me.

Launch your Internet Explorer 5 or later version or Netscape Navigator 4 or later version. 

On the Address, Search or URL, type: http://192.168.1.1, then hit Enter/Return. A login screen will appear. Type admin for the password and leave the username blank or empty then hit “OK”. 

Note: If it doesn’t take admin as the password you might have changed it when you have run the RUN ME FIRST CD that came with the router so try other passwords.

If you cannot remember the password I regret to inform you but you have to reset the router and reconfigure it. Write down your password to avoid unnecessary reset and reconfiguration.

HARD RESET- Reset the device to factory default.

1] Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, after that

2] Unplug the power; keep holding down the reset button for another 30 seconds

3] Then, plug back the power and keep holding down the reset button for 30seconds, after that

4] Release the reset button.

Disable your proxy settings and dial-up.   

Go to: Control Panel >Internet Options >Connections >select “Never Dial a Connection”, then hit Apply >click “LAN settings”, uncheck all boxes > hit “OK” until you’re back on your desktop.

Internet Browser’s Security to Default

Go to: Control Panel >Internet Options >Security >Set the Internet and Local Intranet to Default Level then hit Apply