Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
hlindmayer

IPhone won't connect to WRT54G2

My laptop connects fine, so I know it is working, but I cannot get my IPhone to connect.  I keep getting an error message stating "Incorrect Password" but I know the password entered is correct.  Help! 

Brenda

Re: IPhone won't connect to WRT54G2

hmmm, try it again...

OR bring your Iphone to another secured wireless hotspots or your friends house maybe and check if entering their security PW will connect you to their internet...

:smileywink:

I have tried endless times to connect - rebooting botht he phone and the router.  I can connect at work, however.  Is it a settings issue?

bennor

Lots of people seem to have trouble getting iPhones and iPads to connect to WiFi networks. Some blame the phone/pad others blame the router. Make sure the iPhone/iPad has the latest OS/Firmware, its possible something has been fixed with the WiFi code in later OS/Firmware versions. Also if possible configure the router for Manual wireless security rather than the WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) option. I had trouble with some wireless devices using the WPS mode. Couple of further suggestions to try.

First reset the WIFI security so there is no security. Do so by logging into the router's administration page, select Wireless from the menu. On the Basic Wireless settings page select Manual and ensure the SSID is set to Enable. Then hit the Save Settings button to save the changes. Once you return to the Basic Wireless Settings page, select Wireless Security from the menu. On the Wireless Security page change the Security Mode to Disable then hit the Save Settings button to save the changes. Then see if your iPhone/iPod will connect to your router which doesn't have any security on it. If it does than you may have to go back and reconfigure the Wireless Security settings and enable security. You may have to experiment with each setting (WEP, WPA or WPA2) to find one that works. Then recheck to see if the iPhone/iPad can reconnect to the router when it has wireless security enabled.

Second option to try, is when you scan for the wireless routers with the iPhone/iPad, don't click on the router name and enter the WEP. Instead try  typing in the router's SSID name and then select the proper security type and enter the wireless network password.

jzembo

Ipod not recognized by WRT54G2

jzembo

Brenda

do you remember if  you set  a mac address filter to your router before?

Yea, I'm not able to connect to my router, either. My phone keeps telling me that 'It's unable to connect'. It'll connect to my neighbors, tho!!

barryk27

Probably, and in my case this occurred, you have the older WEP security mode and you need to update to the WPA2 mode that works with newer devices like smartphones so...

Open Linksys Easytlink Advisor

Click on Tasks/Tools on the bottom toolbar

Click change wireless security

Click the circle for higher security and enter a security key

you can use the randomly generated security key or enter the old security key from the previous time

If you use the new randomly generated security key, other computers that use the old key will not connect until you enter the new key on them.

Voila. Your smartphone/iphone should now work.

Nuff said.

bohnaur

My laptop connects fine, so I know it is working, but I cannot get my IPhone, ipad to connect.  I keep getting an error message stating "Incorrect Password" but I know the password entered is correct.  There is a padlock symbol on my iphone and ipad.  The phone will connect to other wifi networks.  Please help.