Zocura

Internet Connection keeps going in and out.

I had recently purchased the E1200 router. For some reason, my internet keeps going in and out of service. I will be playing an online game but get disconnected from the server every 6-8 seconds. I tested if it could be my internet provider, but when I connect via Ethernet cord to my modem, it works great. If I run the Ethernet through my router or try wireless connections, it tends to go in and out. It only seems to do this some of the times. It works for a few hours and then it pulls this stunt.

Could the router possibly be defective or is there something else I can do?

quack

Re: Internet Connection keeps going in and out.

Let me know how did you install the Router – means was it configured with the help of the Cisco Connect Software or did manual configuration? You can try the following steps:

A] If with the help of Cisco Connect Software (if at all you have installed the router with the help of this software)

1] Open the software and go to the option which says "Router Settings"

2] Then click on the option which says "'Advanced Settings" which will take you to the router's configuration page.

3] Reduce the MTU size to 1400 from Auto. Save Settings.

4] Make the following Channel Settings of 2.4 GHz you can make Channel Width to 20 MHz only and Channel to 6, 9, 11. Click Save Settings.

B] If you haven't installed Cisco Connect then you can log on to the router's user interface using it's default IP address in the browser which is 192.168.1.1 and type in 'admin' as the password leaving the username field blank. This will take you to the router's web interface, and then follow steps as mentioned above to make the changes.

Then check the connectivity.