nortime74

Iphone set up on a WRT160N V2 Router

I bought the WRT160N V2 router yesterday and followed the directions on how to set it up. After setting the router up my Iphone could see the router but when I put in the password it denies me access to the router. I checked the password to make sure I was using the right one. After making sure I was using the correct password it continued to denied me access to the router. I wanted to know if there are some setting I needed to put into the phone in order for it to work?

Thanks

scrooge

Re: Iphone set up on a WRT160N V2 Router

When you configured your router, is all your computers are able to go online thorugh the router Wired / Wireless. When you try to connect to your Wireless network on your Iphone, whats the exact error message you are getting on your Iphone. If you have set WPA2 security on your router, i think you can lower down the security on your router to WPA Personal, and after this you can try connecting to your network. I think this might solve your problem.
mitchelle

most of the time iphones, uses standard security type which is WEP , your router maybe using the strongest security level which is wpa/wpa2 security level..

changing the security type to WEP would help you fix the concern..

s33k3r

I am running into something similar. I bought a brand new WRT160N router and I am currently using the most recent firmware.

Even with no security set on the router I am unable to connect with the 3Gs iPhone although I can connect with my computer with no problems. I tried resetting the iPhone network settings and completely DFU'ed it.. same issue.. although I can connect with it to other WiFi G/N Mixed WiFi Networks without issues.

Regaurdless of what I do I constantly receive the message, Unable to join the network "SSID" (where SSID is the name of my router).

My best guess is that for some reason the WRT160N router is not compatible with iPhones.

everydayneed@gmail.com

i lowered the security to wep, like they said above, and now i was able to connect my iphone to my WRT160N.

everydayneed@gmail.com

THX