Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
BMurgia
Accepted Solution

Issues maintaining connection to Wii (NETFLIX)

I purchased Router WRT 120N specifically to view Netflix on my television.  I am having an ongoing problem that literally has me going in circles.  I set up the Router and made the connection to Wii without a hitch.  We watched a movie that night.  After the movie, we shut down Wii.  The next day, we went to watch a program and recieved error code 51330.  I looked to Nintendo for support and found through an online search that this code involves a security issue.  After many failed attempts to reengage, we reinstalled the Router useing the CD provided.  We reconnected the Wii and were once again able to watch Netflix.  Again, we shut down the Wii and the next day, the same problem persisted.  Reinstalled the Router again and connected to the Wii.  We can't seem to figure out the security issue. 

The Wii does recognize the Linksys as an access point and the signal is strong (green).  The Linksys does know that the Wii is an added device, but lists it as OFFLINE when this problem exists.  If both are aware of ecah other, why is there a connection issue?

Also, have been unable to connect to 192.168.1.1

Mort

Re: Issues maintaining connection to Wii (NETFLIX)

Reset the Linksys router for 30-45 seconds.Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case..On the router setup page,under Wireless tab...keep Channel Width to 40 MHz only...Wide Channel to 9 and Standard Channel to 7-2.442 GHz.

Now check the connection.

BMurgia

FRUSTRATION!!  This should not be this hard.  A simple explanation is all that we are asking for.  I think sometimes that those who are computer savvy sometimes forget that in answering these questions, you are dealing with simple people struggling to obtain what should be, a simple connection.  That being said,

I seem to have fixed the problem myself, so for those of you who are also having difficulties, let me explain..... 

I did two things and I'm not sure which one worked or if it was a combination of the two.....

1) I reset the Router by holding in the little red reset button on the back with a pencil.  I held it for a slow count of 30.  Then, while still holding the reset button in with the pencil, I disconnected the power cord.  I made another slow count to 30.  Then I plugged the Router back into the power and then released the reset button.  Then, I placed the Router's CD back into my computer and started the Installation all over again.  Just follow along as you did the first time.

2)  I use Trend MicroCillin for Interenet Security Software.  I opened that up and went into the Firewall section.  I allowed PureNetworks.  In other words, I made it so that Trend Micro will not interfere with my Router connection.  It was easy because Trend Micro showed PureNetworks as a line item, so I just unchecked it.

Suffice to say, the problem that many of you may be having (if it's similar to the problem I was having) could just be your Internet Security Service and it's interference with your Router connection.  It could just be the firewall.

I'm no longer having any problems with my connection.  Netflix thru my Wii is working great!!  I wish you all the same. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Mort

It's great to know that you have fixed the issue. Now you can observe the connection and for any further issues you can update the post.

BMurgia

Well, for an entire 7 days, we didn't have any problems connecting.  It was great!!  But suddenly, we are right back where we were with code 51330.  We are extremely frustrated.

BMurgia

Got it working again and so far so good.  Fingers crossed.

subasniper

turning off the routers firewall helped a little.