alundgren

LG BD390 doesnt connect.

I have a Linksys WRT610N Simultaneous Dual-N Band Wireless Router. I would like the LG BD390 to connect wirelessly to the A/N side of the router and not the B/G where my other wifi items are connected.

Alundgren

Wizzard

Re: LG BD390 doesnt connect.

On the setup page of the router..under the Wireless tab..For 2.4GHz...Wireless Network mode should be mixed...Provide a unique name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID) box.Set the Radio Band to Wide-40MHz and change the Wide channel to 9 and Standard Channel to 11-2.462GHz..Wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled...For 5GHz...Wireless Network mode should be mixed.Provide a unique name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID) box.Set the Radio Band to Wide-40MHz and change the Wide channel to159 and Standard Channel to 161-5.805GHz....Wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled.. and click on save settings.

Under Security tab,uncheck " Capture(firewall.blockinterreq)Filter Anonymous Internet Requests"  and click on save settings...

Now,try to connect LG BD390...If that does not work then,you need to do port forwarding for the device for port 32768 on the router and set the static DNS address to 208.67.222.222 an OpenDNS DNS server on the LG BD390.

alundgren

[ Edited ]

It did not work but could you explain a little more about the port forewarding to me I am little confused.

---So I added the port forwarding and the static DNS to the router. The N from the 2.4GHz shows up on the connection settings screen on the BD390 very well but the 5GHz does not show at all. I was wondering since the Router is an a,b,g,and n dual router and the blue-ray is not its only a b,g,and n that it will not connect to the 5GHz side of the router.

Message Edited by alundgren on 11-17-2009 10:40 AM
Klatch

N Wireless Adapter on your Computer or on any Device doesn't make it view the 5GHz Wireless Network. To View the 5GHz wireless network on your computer or on your Device you need to have a Dual Band Wireless Network adapter on your Computer which can allow you to view both the Network (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Network.).

WUSB600N is an Dual Band Wireless Network adapter, With this adapter you can View both the Networks (2.4Ghz and 5GHz Wireless Network). 

For your LP BD390 you will need to get WGA600N or WET610. With these devices you can connect to 5GHz wireless network.