polesak

LGBD390 blu-ray cannot find the access point of WRT160N/3.

I have been trying to set up the wireless connection to be able to view streamed movies from netflix through my LGBD390 blu-ray player.  I have successfully connected the wireless router to my Embarq router.  When I check status, it says it is enabled and connection is o.k.  I have been on the phone with Linksys (and was charged $9.99 which did not solve my problem).  I also have chatted and so far that has not worked either.  I have downloaded the upgrade for the firmware.  No matter what I do, the blu-ray cannot find the access point of the router.

Can you help?

Wizzard

Re: LGBD390 blu-ray cannot find the access point of WRT160N/3.

Iit is mandatory that router ports 443 and 80 be open in order for the LGBD390 to be able to communicate with the router. Manually configure these two ports in your router setup so they remain open.So go to linksys setup page and do the port forwarding on the linksys router..Check this link.Assign static ip,subnet and gateway on the Blue-ray.
polesak

thank you for your responsse Wizzard, but there are things I need to change that I don't know how to do.  I have no idea  how to assign static ip, subnet and gateway on the blu-ray.  When I went to the link , it was actually for  adifferent router than mine.  I have a WRT160N/v3.  I also did not know what to put in the protocol.  and if I should just put the number in the beg. and ending.   I also don't think I have an ethernet adapter.  Maybe you could give me more information.  Thanks in advance.

Wizzard

The interface for both the router are almost same...Follow the same instruction for WRT160N..When you forward the ports on the router...assign the ip 192.168.1.105.On the Blue-ray also..go to user interface and assign the static ip 192.168.1.105,subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and gateway as 192.168.1.1(same as of the router)..