paulmatera

Laptop connects to my home network, but not to the internet?

My Dell XPS laptop, running Windows Vista, will connect to my wireless network but will not get on the internet. My router is a WRT320N and I am using the laptops built in wireless card. The LEA program sees the laptop and shows it as connected. How do I fix that?
Klatch

Re: Laptop connects to my home network, but not to the internet?

As you Vista Laptop is already connected to the Wireless Network. On your Vista Computer click on Start - Search - CMD and in the Command Prompt window type "Ipconfig" and hit enter and check whats the IPv4 IP address.

Disable the Firewall and Antivirus on your Computer and then check if you are Online. 

paulmatera

The IPv4 address comes up as 192.168.1.75

The firewall and virus programs were both disabled. Still no internet.

dragonjim

I had a similar problem and the fix was to go to the TCP/IP settings and set both 4 and 6 to automatic.  One of mine was set to manual and caused the same problem.
Klatch

Click on the Start button >>> >>> Control Panel >>>Network and Sharing Center >>> Right click on the icon for Wireless Area connection and go to properties- On the 'General' tab select 'Internet Protocol TCP/IP' and click on the Properties button- Select "Obtain an IP Address Automatically" and at the bottom choose "Obtain the DNS server automatically"...now,click on Ok and apply and close the window...Now try.