JerryTovar

Limited access message on Vista laptop

I have a linksys wireless g 2.4 router. I recently setup WEP security on this router.

When our Vista laptop connects to our network, it shows a "Limited Access" message below the SSID name. What does the limited access message mean?

Also, we noticed that around 8pm-11pm every night, our wireless speed slows down drastically. Every website we go to takes a few minutes to display. This happens on all of our PCs connecting wirelessly. Any ideas what to look for on my router that may cause this?

Thanks,

Jerry

scrooge

Re: Limited access message on Vista laptop

Whats the Model number of your Router ?

If you are getting "Limited Access" on your Vista computer, these indicates that your computer is not connected to the Internet and its having only Limited access. So in these case you can change the security Mode on your Router to WPA Personal and then try to connect to your wireless network. 

If you are facing intermittent connection problem on your wireless computer, then i think you need to change some settings on your router. Follow the settings bellow. 

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case...

Set the Wireless channel to 11-2.462GHz...Wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled and then click on Save Settings...

Click on Advanced Wireless Settings

Change the Beacon Interval to 75 >>Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304, Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 >>Click on "Save Settings"...

Now on your vista computer... Click on the Start button >>> Control Panel >>> Network and Sharing Center >>>Under tak you need to click on "Manage Wireless Network" and Remove all the Preferred Networks from the List and close the window. 

Now try to re-connect to your wireless network using the WPA security key.