Highlighted

Linksys AC 1750 (EA7300) Does not aquire Ipv6 address.

I tried a netgear router and it pulled the Ipv6 just fine, I'm having a hard time getting this router to get an Ipv6 address.

Is this a known issue?

Please help.

Re: Linksys AC 1750 (EA7300) Does not aquire Ipv6 address.

In the satus log it just says it's connecting but it never connects.

What is wrong with my router? I'm thinking about returning it.

Okay, so I finally got it to pull a IPv6 address.

I was messing with  the device prioritize options and suddenly out of nowehre I recived an Ipv6 address.

I don't know if this is a bug in the firmware or if it had to do with my ISP's end.

But it's working now.

(Solution found)

[ Edited ]

Another thing to note about this router's firmware doesn't seem capable of changing IPv6 DNS servers manually.

I had to configure IPv6 servers manually in my device settings which does seem to work when running tests.

Please fix this problem in BOLD Linksys!

[ Edited ]

I'm writing in to update to confirm that there is indeed a bug for IPV6 on this router with the current firmware to date.

If you happen to stumble upon this because you are having issues with this router aquiring a IPV6 address this might help you.

To receive an IPV6 address with this router you must go to the trouble shooter page of your router and release/renew under IPv6, then you must go to media prioritize section and add a device. You should now have a IPv6 address depending on your ISP and can now remove the device you added to prioritize. You should now have a IPV6 address assigned to the router.

This was tested with Spectrum cable Internet service and a TP-Link 7620 modem, also the router mentioned in title.

Hope this helps some of you if you stumble upon this page.

Hopefully Linksys is now aware of this bug and can fix it in a later firmware update.

[ Edited ]

UPDATE: I will be returning this router for a TP-Link.

I'm sorry guys, I love your products especially after the release of the WRT-54G router, but this just doesn't have the capability of changing IPv6 DNS servers manually and I have encountered a couple bugs already.

I would love to see this fixed in a firmware update but that doesn't seem likley to happen. Also, I'm not seeing any support that would allow me to use DD-WRT firmware on this router.

Good router, bad firmware.

This one is going back to the store.