Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dmacconnell

Linksys Cisco Wireless Router WRT120N & iPhone can not Connection.

I am running Linksys Cisco Wireless Router WRT120N & iPhone and unable to connect using WiFi. I can connect using my laptop via wifi but can not with the iPhone. I had followed the instructions from another post however it did not work for me but it apparently worked for another person. I hope there is a solution to the problem.

Ricewind

Re: Linksys Cisco Wireless Router WRT120N & iPhone can not Connection.

Which security you are using on the router...?

Open the router setup page and Under the Wireless tab..Change the Wireless Network Mode to "Mixed"..Also try changing the Wireless Channel on the router.Make sure that you are typing the correct security key on the iphone.

beisiu

Hi, i have the same problem as well with WRT120n and iphone 3G. 

I have set the wireless network mode to "Mixed" and also changed the wide channel to 9.

i have tried several security such as "WPA2 Personal", "WAP Personal" and "WEP" and made sure that the security key is entered correctly on the iphone. however, i still get the same "unable to join the network" error.

I can connect my laptop wirelessly with any of the above security settings.

if i disable the security, i can connect the iphone, but that is not what i want, since anyone can connect to my network without security. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

HDLes

Was there any resolution? I also have the WRT120N and iPhone 5c can't connect? same message "unable to join the network"? Router is set to Mixed -
pinkyzeny

Hi, HDLes. Have you tried using the WiFi channels 1,6,9 or 11? Have you also tried forgetting the network then reconnect again? Most of the time it works for me, if my WiFi on my apple device is getting an error "unable to join the network". Try it. :-)