connyack

Linksys E1000 Continually drops wireless connection

I live in an apartment building.  At random times my laptop, TV streaming Netflix and iPhone will loose connection to wireless.  The SSID for my wireless network completely disappears from all available networks lists.  Within mere seconds, it returns and I am able to connect again.

What is going on?  Would a firmware update fix this issue?

dudztgp

Re: Linksys E1000 Continually drops wireless connection

Reset the router to defaults then start the configuration from scratch. Make sure to change your SSID to something unique other than the default "linksys". Try to play with the channels as well. There are 11 channels to choose from.
bhomemandar

I have the similar problem of dropping the connections for wired as well as wireless connections. I have reset the router and MTU size is 1500.

Please help. I am planning to retrun the router to the store.

musicmanohyeah

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue with my new E1000 router. It gave me one hell of a headache until I upgraded the firmware. It upgraded  on it's own by opening the CISCO Connection Software which is installed to the computer where I ran the setup disk on.  

I also found this helpful article about upgrading the router's firmware manually. Click this link and follow steps.