doxavita

Linksys E1000: Need an open NAT for Xbox Live Service.

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I ran a Network Test on my Xbox 360 and it said my NAT was set to Moderate, and that it needed to be set to Open.

Could somebody please provide me with a simple straightforward procedure for fixing this?

I called Xbox tech support and they told me I needed to forward the following ports: TCP 80, UDP 88, UDP 3074, TCP 3074, UDP 53, TCP 53. (and have UPnP enabled.)    Can someone please help out with this?

Is there anything else that needs to be done to fix this issue? (NAT to open)

Connected to my E1000:  Wired: PC and 1 Xbox 360.       Wireless: Macbook pro and1 ipod touch.
My ISP: Comcast  ( once in a while they change my IP I believe, I hope this is not an issue in the future, right now the problem would only be router related)

Right now everything is working perfectly except with this issue on my Xbox 360, don't want to mess with anything else.

I'm not too technical so please be detailed.

Thanks very much!

peanuts

Re: Linksys E1000: Need an open NAT for Xbox Live Service.

Follow this link and check if that helps you.

Ed Macke

That requires using the "Advanced Settings" of the E1000 (i.e. using the browser instead of the Cisco Connect software).

But doing so means that certain features accessible only via Cisco Connect (e.g. Guest Network) are permanently unavailable then, correct?

holmessteel@windstream.net

Do a hot boot that all hit the reset on back