chodytaint

Linksys E1000 Wireless Router won't connect to Internet

I've been having a lot of problems with my router lately. For the last couple months, it's been periodically dropping connections between my laptop/smartphone, and I can't reconnect unless I power cycle the router. It did this again Wednesday afternoon, and after power cycling, I could connect to the network, but there was no internet connection. I've tried manually resetting the router several times, but no matter what I do now it won't connect to the internet. Despite the internet light being lit up. Plugging my laptop directly into the modem works, so I know the problem isn't on that end. Hardwiring to the router doesn't work either.

This happened a couple years ago with an older Linksys router I had. I just bought this one I have now less than a year ago, this is pretty ridiculous.

becky13

Re: Linksys E1000 Wireless Router won't connect to Internet

[ Edited ]

mine is doing the same thing...i've had it for 5 or 6 months, called tech support, they wanted 30 bucks to tell me what is wrong with it, i guess cuz u only get so much time for tech support. but there is a 1 year warranty...! i told him i will just take it back to wal-mart (he knew that was where i purchased it) and he laughed at me. he also said if u get a new one there is no guarentee that one won't quit in 2 or 3 months! i certainly won't get another linksys again and i told him that too!!!

(Mod note: Edited for forums compliance.)

chodytaint

That is insane. Definitely never buying another Cisco product again.

Brenda

Have you guys tried some troubleshootings on your routers?

resetting? upgrading to the latest firmware? :smileyindifferent: