Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
helm

Re: Linksys E1000 and Cisco Connect software.

When you change the wireless settings of the router using web Interface of the router, Cisco connect software will stop working. Also If you disable the DHCP on E3000 router then I think Guest network will also not work.

de8212

thanks for the replies.  

balir - I didn't know they were coming out with a different version.  I'll keep checking.

Also, disabling dhcp was the last thing I did.  The software stopped working before I did that.

I am no network guru, I thought dhcp needs to be disabled becasue it's enabled on my wr54 router.  I am not sure about how to enable it to where it won't conflict.  I may have to start another thread.

helm - I didn't even think of that.  I guess disabling dhcp would make the guest account not work.  Makes sense.  I'll have to come up with another solution because I really want the guest account operable.

gandalf

You can use the Cisco connect software only when the DHCP server is enabled on the router.

You can change the IP address of E100 router and use it as a second router in the network. Install it using the Cisco connect software and you will be able to use the Guest network also.

Only thing is that you can not communicate between 2 networks. That means the devices/computers connected to the main router will not be able to communicate with the devices/computers connected to E1000.

All the devices will be able to access the Internet.

Connect the cable from main router to the Internet port on E1000 router. Press and hold the reset button on E1000 for 30 seconds. Release the reset button and wait for 30 seconds. Power cycle the router. Connect one computer to Ethernet port on E1000 router and run the Cisco connect software on that computer. Cisco connect software will change the IP address of E1000 router automatically and it will also create the Guest network for you.

de8212

Thanks gandalf.  So, if I follow your steps I can't access any dvice that is connected (wired or wireless) to my E1000 from my main pc which is connected (wired) to the WRT router?

That would not be good.  I have a tivo that is connected to my E1000 along with several laptops and occasionally need to transfer files, use printer, etc.  

Looks like I will have no Guest network.

helm

You can follow this link and it will help you in settings your E1000 router.