Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Huedsai

Linksys E1200 Router not saving Port Forwarding changes

Hi!

I am currently attempting to port forward on my Linksys E1200 Router and am not succeeding in saving my settings. I am attempting to open port 25565 though both Single Port Forwarding and Port Range Forwarding, and whenever I click the "save settings" button, I receive a full window message stating that my changes have been saved. Upon clicking this, I return to the previous screen whereupon my changes have been erased and my port has not been forwarded. Can anyone assist me with this? I've searched for hours through forums and tech help websites, but I can't find anyone else with this issue.

Issue:

Linksys E1200 Router not saving Port Forwarding changes.

I have tried:

-Restarting the Modem

-Restarting the browser

-Restarting the computer

-Tried to Port Forward through both the Single and Ranged Port Forwarding

opheliaimmortal23

Re: Linksys E1200 Router not saving Port Forwarding changes

Hi there. You can try another browser or a different computer. If it is the same thing, upgrade the firmware of the router. You can refer to this link on how to http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=0a6881b90224439b92c8d8f19ca42e5d_21511.xml&pid=80&...

Huedsai

Thanks! I'll give those a try.

Huedsai

No go on either of those. Tried several different browsers and updated the firmware, and it still erases any changes that I make to open ports.

jaymay

Are you trying to enable Single Port Forwarding and Port Range Forwarding at the same time? You can only use either of those one at a time. It will not work if you already have one of those enabled.

Huedsai

Single and Ranged Port Forwarding are available in seperate sections. So without opening multiple tabs and enabling them both I am unable to enable them at the same time (unless I'm missing something) because all of my changes are erased whenever I choose to "save changes".

Expert
jlbjlb

Try resetting the linksys by pressing and holding the reset button for 15 seconds.......then reconfigure.

Have you given the device that you attempting to forward the port to a static ip address?

Is your E1200 the only router on your network?

What is the make and model of your modem?

Huedsai

Yes, I have reset the router multiple times, but to no avail.

Yes, I have tried opening the port on the static ip.

Yes, this router is the only one on my network.

The modem is a Cisco DPC2100R2 Cable Modem.

jaymay

You can only use one application at time. By the way, if you try to open a port on Port Range Forwarding page (single port forwarding not enabled at all), would it save the settings? Or it would not show the entries you've input?

Expert
jlbjlb

Try disconnecting your router from your modem.   Then plug one end of an ethernet cable in to one of the E1200's lan ports (not the internet port) and the other end in to your computer........ then try to forward the port and see if it saves it.