Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linksys E2000 - how to change Media Network Name?

My router has a main network name (SSID) and media network name (SSID). I know how to change the main network name (SSID) but I don't remember exactly how I can change media network name (SSID).

Re: Linksys E2000 - how to change Media Network Name?

Could you please elaborate what is media network name (SSID)? As you have only wireless network name and guest network from the router..

I guess I should mentioned earlier that I am using Network Magic to view my router detail. I don't know much about it, I came across it awhile back.

nm342.jpg 

If you would like to change the password then here is the link which can help you: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=93&login=1&vw=1&app=search&articleid=17720&userrole=Links...

[ Edited ]

The "Server Name" is under the "Storage" tab then under the "Media Server" sub-tab.

Wait. Are you sure you're referring to the E2000 router because this model does not have media server functions. The answer above that i provided is from an E4200 point of view, if it helps.

That's odd, I am using E2000, I thought it was kind of unusual to have different SSID name.

I encountered the same thing yesterday with my Cisco  E2000 router. I have owned the router for over a year and never a problem. Then yesterday we lost our wireless network connection. When I looked at network connections my SSID connection was not listed. There was however a new connection called Cisco55345 along with some others that are near by.

What got my attention was that the Cisco55345 had excelent signal strength. i live in a small town and and no networks are near me. Those I am able to pick up are poor connections and generaly wont connect.

I to use Network Magic and it does show two SSIDs. A main network name and a media network name. However the router itself shows only the one SSID. Beginning to sound like a issue involving Network Magic.

I would like to hear more on this from anybody with additional info. I am going to contact Network Magic customer support now.

Tobert