bman44

Linksys E2500. No WAN light or connection

Just bought the linksys E2500 as an upgrade for a my Trendnet 150 wireless N router. I have a motorolla surfboard modem with time warner roadrunner cable internet. After connecting the router I have no internet connection. I do not get a light on the WAN connection after the ethernet cable is attached. I know the light works because when I power it on all the lights come on. I cloned the MAC address but this did not work. I have searched the forums for hours and tried different ideas to no avail. My PC recognized the router and I'm able to get to all the settings but cannot establish a connection from the router to the modem. I also tried different ethernet cables to eliminate that possiblilty. Any ideas?

I'm about to just return it.

ylime1984

Re: Linksys E2500. No WAN light or connection

Reset the router for 30sec, unplug/replug the power cord then wait for the power light to stay solid before configuring the settings manually. Follow the instructions from this link for the configuration, http://homekb.cisco.com/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=0ff4c94586a345d082828ec2161aaecf_3686.xml&pid=80&...

bman44

These steps were done at least 10 times prior to posting this. No matter what I do I never get the LED light on the WAN/Internet port to light up.  This is a Cisco refurb, so I guess it's possible it's still a bad unit.

Expert
jlbjlb

unplug your modem and router from the electrical outlet for 20 minutes.  then plug back in.

earthmyrll120288

You can perform a loop back test. Connect one Ethernet connection to one of the Ethernet port of the router and connect the other end to the WAN port of the router. Connect another Ethernet to another Ethernet port on the router and connect the other end to your computer. Access the setup page of the router and go to the “Status” tab. Check the IP address. If it is getting a 127.0.0.1 address (loop back address), it means the internet port is working but the light is not. If it is getting 0.0.0.0 then that means the internet port is not detecting any connections and it is defective.