Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PunkPredator

Linksys E800 help...

I am unsure where to post this, I probably put it in the wrong spot too...

However, I need help with logging in to my router's web page.

Recently, I had to switch routers due to the old one being too old.

I had my game server running on that old router.

Now, since I have a new router I have to set it up on here.

The problem is... I cannot log into it.

I go to " 192.168.1.1. " and type in admin for both username and password but it does not work.

All it does is pop up again, asking me for the username and password again.

Is there a reason why I cant get into it? Am I using the wrong username and password combonation?

Expert
sabretooth

Re: Linksys E800 help...

Have you hard reset the router and tried again?

Expert
zee29

If you cannot log into the router then reset the router and try again. It would be best if you disconnect the modem from the router first, press and hold the reset button at the bottom portion of the router for 10 seconds, powercycle it and check if you can access the router page. Default username and password is admin. And also check the ip address of the router to see if the gateway address you are getting is the 192.168.1.1.

Title: Checking your computer’s IP address

Article ID: 3996

Title: Getting to know the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E800

Article ID: 28842

Title: Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E800 Frequently Asked Questions

Article ID: 28843

PunkPredator

Thanks guys.

I was about to try reseting and then try logging in again.

However, I figured out that to log into the web page, I had to use my router's information that it gave me.

Such as the random name and password it gave after being set up.

Now the only thing I need to figure out is how to set up my server on here... this is quite different from the old router, netgear.

Expert
zee29

What kind of server are you trying to setup? The E800 still has the same user interface as the older routers. The only difference is that it has the cisco connect software that will manage your router settings easily. Router management made easier so to speak. But manual configuration is still there and will always be an option.

Title: Cisco Connect Frequently Asked Questions

Article ID: 21480

PunkPredator

The server I am trying to set up is an "Impressive Title" Game server.

Not sure if you have heard of it but, I need to "Port forward" it to the router to be able to get it online again.

However, looking into it more I saw that someone had said that not All Routers or Modems can host Impressive Title Server.

So, hopefully Linksys E800 is able to host it.

Anyway, What I need to do is re set it up. All I have to do is put in the starting and ending Ports, 40000-40010, Protocol of Both TCP and UDP and then the IP adress. I am waiting to ask a friend of mine about it first though.

The thing here is, I'm not the only one running this server. I have a friend who lives in Australlia who is also running the same server for me. We're kind of running it together. However, I still need to port forward it. I just need to know what IP he used, gotta make sure it's the same showing up for me.

Also if you'd like to look into this game server more, here's the link where it can be downloaded from http://kito.forum.com.bz/t532-download-and-instructions-compile-your-own-it

beautifulbeatrice

What you need to do is to setup port forwarding. For instructions, follow the link below:

Port Forwarding