Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
hawk95

Linksys N750

Help.  We have had our router (N750) for about 2 months.  It was not easy to get it hooked up but we were able to through our phone provider.  My husband and I both have ipads.  We initially entered our password and did not have any problems connecting to the router.  Now, all of the sudden, we are having to enter our password every time and takes about 10-15 times to enter our passphrase to get connected.  It is quite annoying to have to reenter the complicated password every time. Any suggestions on what we should do?  We are not happy!

Expert
zee29

Re: Linksys N750

Aside from the ipads, do you have other wireless devices (laptops,phones etc)? If yes, are you also experiencing this type of issue? What is the iOS version of your ipads? I am not sure with iPads but check if you have a wifi policy and set it to never. You may also reset network settings and see if that would help.

Title: Resetting the network settings of your iPad®

Article ID: 25376

http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=25376

hawk95

No, it is just on the ipad and iphone.  The laptop is not having any issues.  We have to keep logging in the passphrase and it takes multiple times.  I know we are typing it in correctly. Maybe updating the firmware?  We are scared that we will lose connectivity.  It is iOS 6.1.3.

Expert
jlbjlb

[ Edited ]
Did you set up the router originally? Or did you have someone set it up for you?

If you think you're up to it........

Uninstall the old version of cisco connect software from your computer......and then download the new version of cisco connect from the support website. Reset the linksys to factory defaults and just start over. Update the firmware on the linksys. And after the firmware update is complete, reset the linksys to factory defaults again.

I would recommend you use the settings that I have listed on page 3 of link below. I have an iPhone and those are the settings that I use and I don't have any problems. If you're not comfortable doing that....then maybe someone can help you. The instructions below are for an Asus tablet, but they will work the same for Apple devices.

http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/EA4500-and-Asus-Transformer-Prime-TF201/td-p/573872...
Expert
jlbjlb

[ Edited ]
Resetting the network settings on an iPhone or iPad is harmless. You'll just have to enter your password again. No big deal.
Expert
zee29

I agree. It's ok to reset the network settings. You will be prompted for the password again once you reconnect to the network. Well updating the firmware is also an option.