Mustafa Mufti

Linksys WRT120n not working, only power light is on and doesn't blink

Hello everybody,

I have this serious problem that I am unable to get through. I have WRT 120 N which has apparently stopped working. When I turn it on, only the power led turns on without blinking, no other light flashes. My computer can't detect the router signals since the signal light is off. Neither does my modem show that the router is connected to it through the ethernet cable. My ethernet cable is working fine, since it is working directly with the computer. Can anybody please help me out :smileysad:

Thanks

adventurousjoseph

Re: Linksys WRT120n not working, only power light is on and doesn't blink

have you done resetting the router? like pushing the small button at the back? if not yet, you can do so, and let us know the result.

Mustafa Mufti

Thanks alot for your response! I tried doing it, I read the method to do it, tried the30/30/30 second method but to no avail. Does wrt 120n gets bricked too? Is there any way to unbrick it?

forsaken

Even after you reset the device and still the light status is same, then the device seems to have gone bad. You can contact the manufacturer to get it replaced if its under warranty.

Mustafa Mufti

Actually I gave it to my vendor who got it fixed telling me that it was only some setting issue. It worked fine for a day but when I rebooted the router the the problem reappeared :s I can't find a solution to this weird problem.

yourawesomeness

Try bringing it back to your vendor and have them observe the router's activity.  This way we can isolate the problem further, if it's "only some setting issue" as what they said.

Audere est facere
Mustafa Mufti

Re: Linksys WRT120n not working, only power light is on and doesn't blink t

I turned it in and they replaced it for a new router but it took them 2 weeks to honour my warranty claim but nonetheless I received a new device :smileyhappy: