Aarkoub

Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54G2 V1.5 Losing connection every few minutes

Hello, 

Sins I have updated my firmware to Firmware Version: 1.5.02 + the router is unable to keep the internet connection alive. I have restart the the router every few minutes or release and renew the DHCP configuration ( IP and DNS settings)

Restarting the modem en than the router

Resetting the router

resetting the router to factory defaults settings

connecting a computer directly to the modem works fine. The problem is the router. 

Dose anybody have a solution

PLEASE HELP

Expert
asortatoritale

Re: Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54G2 V1.5 Losing connection every few minutes

Welcome to Cisco Home Community

Just like to know if the losing connection issue happening only on wired connection or it is also happening on wireless connection for further isolation of the problem? In that way, we can see what troubleshooting steps are necessary.

ScarletJamie

Re: Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54G2 V1.5 Losing connection every few minutes

Aarkoub wrote:

Hello, 

Sins I have updated my firmware to Firmware Version: 1.5.02 + the router is unable to keep the internet connection alive. I have restart the the router every few minutes or release and renew the DHCP configuration ( IP and DNS settings)

Restarting the modem en than the router

Resetting the router

resetting the router to factory defaults settings

connecting a computer directly to the modem works fine. The problem is the router. 

Dose anybody have a solution

PLEASE HELP

After upgrading the firmware, did you reset and reconfigure the router? Possible reasons for encountering this kind of problem are firmware issue or ISP having intermittent connection. You mentioned that you already check the connection behind the modem and its working fine. If the firmware is already updated, reset and reconfigure were done. Then I suggest for you to call Cisco technical support for this, might be the router is defective. Check if they can still replace your router. Just let them know that troubleshooting steps were already exhausted.

Aarkoub

It doesn't matter. the problem is the internet connection and not my local network connection.
Aarkoub

thank you ScarletJamie for your input. I am afraid that the warranty period is expired. Never the less i will try it if nothing else works.
ScarletJamie

Aarkoub wrote:
thank you ScarletJamie for your input. I am afraid that the warranty period is expired. Never the less i will try it if nothing else works.

Sure, glad to help. :womanhappy:

Aarkoub

Dear asortatoritale do you have any suggestions

jaymay

If you're also having problems with the wired connection through the router, you can adjust the mtu settings on it. For the instructions, you can refer to this link: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=66270e5d0d4347d087102f2bfef7116d_3742.xml&pid=80&r.... For determining the correct mtu size, you can refer to this link: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=fbf8e8564632422eaa8ea80bf9dcba64_386.xml&pid=80&re.... For wireless connection problems, you can change the wireless settings of the router like the channel and security. These links should help you in changing the channel and security for your router: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=6a60ad3b4bfd4d4d9c1551ef3b4d9b56_4580.xml&pid=80&r..., http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=cfb50c0dc992443ab2405a782cca60f7_19073.xml&pid=80&....

Aarkoub

It didn't help. I still have to log on the router and release and renew dhcp manually

hillary681

looks like you router is intermittently functioning. i see that all bases have been covered: FW upgraded, router has been reset/ reconfigured, MTU size configured, wireless setting optimized. might be a power issue?! are you using the original power adapter for your device? if not, make sure your using the right power specifications. if i'm not mistaken, output should be 12V/.5A.