Highlighted

Linksys Wireless WRT610 media server issue, help appreciated.

[ Edited ]

Since I bought this router, the media server had been working okay.
suddenly one morning it stopped working and giving this message.

Trial expired, please visit http://twonkyvision.com

I called Linksys customer support, (which is not 'engineering dept' by the way, someone in Phillipins)

they had no clue what a UPnP media server is, and what twonky is ?

Linksys routers come preinstalled with twonkyvision media server software, but this one stopped working.

Any help ?

Re: Linksys Wireless WRT610 media server issue, help appreciated.

Your trial pack is for thirty days and has been expired. so please renew it and then use.

I've been havin the same troubles but i think i might have finally gotten it to work. TwonkyMedia is preinstalled on Linksys WRT610N and the "new" tab they created called "storage" interprets TwonkyMedia's actual media server pages into the Linksys configuration style.

Type in your browser http://your-router-ipSmiley Tongueort/
Just like this http://192.168.0.1:9000/

It takes you to the actual TwonkyMedia setup pages in which Linksys hides from you. Click on the "Clients/Security" link in the left navigation area. I noticed that although it was set to allow new clients automatically, the client table was actually missing my Xbox 360 and PS3 as well as their static ip's.

Once i added them it worked again (cross my fingers). I can't wait until DD-WRT comes out with new custom firmware for this Linksys router. Its been good to me for awhile now but i hope this isn't a start of things going wrong with the router.

I have this same issue, so I tried the fix described above.  However, my client table is still intact and correct, so this did not work for me.

I also found it interesting that on the front page of that TwonkyVision config page, there is a message at the top that reads: "This key is already in use by another instance of the server."  Does this mean that Linksys sold multiple routers with the same registration key??

Very frustrating Linksys.  Please fix this.

I noticed that too (but only once), try power cycling your router and when it reboots just use the port 9000 entry method to manage your attached usb hard drive. Also you need to give it sometime to rescan the drive for all medai to be available for streaming.

I actually dont like doing it this way because i feel like it is a hack. Linksys should really provide better support for this issue.

I'm having a problem with the TwonkyVision config page on the router. I change some settings and click "Save Changes". Sometimes it says that my changes won't take effect until I have restarted the server, so I click "Restart Server" and then it forgets all the settings I have changed - everything, not just the ones I had to restart the server for. Anyone else had this problem?

The same effect here.

Frank

[ Edited ]

jlgoolsbee, I have the same problem and Linksys customer support tell me "The router, it doesn't need any registration." 

But if i used http://192.168.1.1:9000  message "This key is already in use by another instance of the server." ... "Please enter a registration key to activate the server. If the server software was bundled with your client device, the registration key is provided by the manufacturer. "  

Linksys customer support : "The router will always work without that software. We are not aware if that Twonky software is bundled if you purchase the router."

TwonkyMedia is it include or not with WRT610N ?

Message Edited by Gachette on 12-01-2008 04:42 PM

I dont really know what to do at this point, whenever i call they don't seem to know a thing about TwonkyMedia, even though I found that little back door to the preinstalled software.

I dont know who to talk to or how to proceed at this point. It's very frustrating because this was such and amazing piece of hardware up until a couple of weeks ago.

Is there an admin or moderator that can check this forum and reply with some information.

I am also having these problems.  The whole things seems slightly unstable.  I have not tried calling linksys because I am afraid of this same response.  I really would love for someone at linksys to please read these posts and get to the bottom of this problem.  I would love to start using the router for what I bought it for.