Re: e2500 router freezes up

Hi, Jim_M. If you bought the device from store and is still within 30days (which normally stores provide) then you can go back to store and have it replaced. However, if it's beyond store return policy then you might need to call Linksys for the replacement.

It's just over 30 days.  I wasted 45 minutes in a "chat" with linksys yesterday trying to get a warranty replacement and simply gave up, as they were asking me one item at a time what my config was and actually started repeating the same question.

I went out and bought an equvilent Netgear router, and had it up and running in less than that 45 minues, with zero problems.

Re: Linksys e2500 routers and Atheros wireless cards

I was also having this problem with the Atheros AR5007 network card. I downloaded the update from http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=21&system=3 and now it connects to through router using WPA2-Personal no problem.

Hi, nick.hamnett. Thanks for sharing this with us all. :-)

Thanks for your insight! I had this exact issue with an AVERATEC laptop (a few years old). Was able to get connected after going to the "device manager" and updating the driver!

Thanks again!

This is a response to a rather old posting, but I have this router too, and from the begining it has had this freezeup issue.

Basically wired or wireless the router becomes non-functional and you cannot http to the 192.168.1.1 site to check any settings - the only resolution is to power cycle the unit.

I've updated the firmware to:  3.0.01 - this hasn't seemed to fix a thing.  

The freezeups for me occur every 2-5 days or so.  What I did for a while was place the unit on a timer switch so that it would power off at 2:00 a.m. at night and turn on again at 3:00 - but you shouldn't need to do this.

It 'works' for now, but because it's my router behind the DSL/router unit, I haven't focused primary attention on it.

Hope this input also sheds some ideas/light.

Hi, maddog22. The latest firmware version for the E2500v3 is 3.0.02 (build 2). You may try updating it for now and make sure to factory reset afterwards. Should the issue persists, email us right away at LinksysCares@linksys.com containing the link to this post and your username.

Kloe-21503
Linksys Technical Support
Highlighted

Thanks Klaudette.

I've just applied the latest firmware and did a factory reset via the web interface.  I had exported my previous settings to a file and after I did the factory reset, I reimported my settings from that file.

I hope the importing of the file doesn't cause anything to be messed up?

I'll monitor this and let you know if I do have any freezeup issues in the future.

Thanks!