Timryan2

Linksys e2500 routers and Atheros wireless cards

Hello All -

Wanted to save anybody out there having this problem some time and lots of effort. Have an older HP Pavilion laptop running Visat with an Atheros AR5007 wireless card. Laptop would connect to the AP and actually pull down an IP address but you couldn't connect to anything. Updated the card driver to the latest one from HP and then updated the router firmware to 1.0.02 the latest. Still no avail. Did some research and found this link.  http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php

Can't vouch for the other drivers on the page but these did the trick. These drivers are dated late this summer (2011) - much newer than the HP ones. Works like a champ. And don'y bother using the Linksys online help - they are good for only telling you which port to plug in the cables!

Spencer Anderson

Re: Linksys e2500 routers and Atheros wireless cards

[ Edited ]

I just upgraded to the new firmware and have experienced issues with this router and the older N router e2000. Either way, I'm seriously contemplating returning this product and buying Netgear or Belkin (ew). 

Why can't these two companies play along nicely? I'm frustrated and pissed, because it seems like Cisco is putting out **bleep**, and I have no idea why Atheros can't just update their damned card. I have to run my N router at G speeds because Atheros is stubborn as **bleep**. 

I have a Samsung R580, and Atheros 9285 which is installed. I wish I could replace it, but I do not know the type of card that I can replace it with. 

I have tried older versions, and new versions of the 9285 driver and I have found that using it in G mode with WPA instead of WPA2 Personal, works. 

[edit]: Don't try contacting customer support as they are outsourced and are reading from a sheet. They are aware of the problem with Atheros, and can only say, "stay wired." I can't do that when I'm a good 5 feet from my router and move constantly around the house with my laptop. 

cfloscoda

home network security, passwords and login name

I installed my linksys e2500 dual band wireless router about a year ago. I had my logon name, and password stored on a list in a file in my computer. The computer got a virus, and the list was lost. I want to set a new logon name and password so I can use the wireless function, but so far nothing in the site, linksys, cisco, nothing shows me a way that works. Cisco connect doesn't do anything except give me a box that requires a logon name and password, HOW DO I GET IT TO CHANGE???

dhs43@live.com

Re: home network security, passwords and login name

These post explain a few issues I've had also.  

bobs place

I am having problem connecting my new Cisco transponder to my desk top computer. I am currently connected to my lap top computer hard wired direct to the ATT transponder

troia

what is the model number of the Cisco transponder that you are referring to?

how does your desktop computer connect to the router, is it wireless or wired?

conbob58

Re: Linksys e2500 routers and Atheros wireless cards

Thank you very much, after hours of frustration this did the trick!!!!!!    Hp with the Atheros controler now is running and set up perfect.....

smilenguyen

I have Cisco E2500.

I was working router setting up. my connection was pop message : My computer is not connecting to router." Fact is it is connecting becauese my hard wire is connected from 1 of the 4 port to drive my internet.

Why the router doesn't see my computer.

What should I do to be able to open cisco connection

ron21

[ Edited ]

The Linksys E2500 Dual Band N Router that I purchased 3 months ago is now getting on the Internet to the equivalent of my phone line of 12 years ago. Cisco tells me it is out of warrantee and too bad.

(Mod Note: Edited for guideline compliance.)

thealanation

problems with connecting

[ Edited ]

I upgraded my OS from Vista to 7 and now it will no longer let me connect to my router to change the password and such. Any advice?