Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
miker71

Re: List of tested External Hard Drives for E4200

Has anyone had problems loosing files and/or folders on their USB drive?
The first usb drive I tried was a Maxtor one touch mini 4 160gb(approved list).   After a few days I noticed several files and folders had magically deleted themselves.  I tried reformatting the drive, and then reloading this drive.  Again (after a few days) files and folders started to go missing.  I tried one more time, and after a few days the drive “disappeared” completely, and all files were also lost.
Thinking I may have a bad portable HD, I tried another newly purchased “approved” drive, a “Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 500GB External USB” drive.  Sure enough, after a few days the drive went missing, and all files are lost!?!
Are other people having similar issues?  I have a v2 with latest firmware.
*This is very frustrating because my “network drive” was to be for backup storage, and it appears to be totally unreliablewith the e4200.

-miker71
victim

[ Edited ]

Hi miker71,

holy ****. I've got a problem likewise yours at the moment.

I haven't got your problem that i loose some files and folders day by day.

I've got a Seagate Free Agent Go Flex 500GB pluged in to my E4200.

It works fine for, i think, 3 Month now. Last week, i had a hard (and selfmade) power blackout at home.

Befor that, i was able to reach my files via FTP and as a shared resource in WLAN at home. The perfect home-file-server.

Today, nothing. There is a $UGM-File on the USB-drive with 0,7 MB and nothing more.

Windows 7 and XP shows me, that there are nearly 500 GB free space.

Ubuntu 11.10 says 350 GB free space and that fits to my data on the drive.

So my lost data have to be anywhere on it.

AND: I cannot connect to the Linksys E4200 webinterface.

I switched the login only to HTTPS://... because i use dyn-dns to reach the FTP from web.

I get the security message "this connection is not trustet...blabla" and then the browser refused the connection.

Edit: Error 101 - net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Before my power blackout everything was fine.

I hope i get my data back. I've got a backup, yeah, but it is not so up to date like i hoped it could be.

If i get my problem fixed, i will post it here.

Greetings from Germany

The Victim

l.aluffi

Add me too to the list.

I have E4200 v1 with 1.0.3 firmware and an old 2.5"/120GB hard drive. Today I discovered that all my data where lost. They were there not longer than a couple of days ago. I'm almost sure it's not my fault and the drive is healty. I'm  now moving back datas onto it and I will check for them daily.

1) I had no power loss;

2) I didn't reboot nor I didn't switch it off/on;

3) I didn't copied files since days;

4) The last time I used it I just browsed files;

5) It's not exposed to the internet but just to local network;

6) The router hasn't logged admin logon other than my computers.

victim

i have filled my external usb-hdd with backup-data and connected it with the linksys.

now i will just use it for browsing and if i save new data on it i will save it on another hdd, too!

Ah, yeah, my Firmware-Version is only 1.0.00. Have to upgrade it.

lbrunelle2

I just connected the Western Digital My Passport 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - WDBBEP0010BBK-NESN to my e4200 v2 firmware version 2.0.37.131676.  No issues at all.  100% plug-n-play .

Bratinov

Ive got the e4200v1 working with an ipod classic 80GB in fat32 :smileyvery-happy: (didn't really think it would work)

The speed is not that good though, will be getting a dedicated drive soon

smethrony

The Iomega eGo 500 GB one of the best portable hard drive that is totally different from most portable external hard drive. Second Maxtor One Touch 4 of 500 GB is also best external hard drive which is proper working with latest hard drive and support the latest firmware.
[url=http://www.gsmmobilesignalbooster.co.uk/]gsm booster repeater[/url] useful in zones with poor GSM coverage
e3smith

IOSafe SOLO G3 3TB

I cannot get this to work for the life of me.  I even reset my router configuration, but no dice.  I've been able to get it *semi* working by formatting it as MBR.

I suspect that Linksys doesn't support drive sizes larger than 2TB???

MRI
MRI

I have a e4200v2 firmware 2.037 with a NTFS formatted 2TB Sharkoon-USB-Drive

and a loss of Newly written data (via the router).

Maybe yet a bug in the FW?

Greetings

MRI

opie100

[ Edited ]

I am having problems with picture files getting corrupted - also with folders disappearing - I will no longer be using this router/HD as my home server.  1.5 TB WD.