Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
JohnRN1
Accepted Solution

Lose internet connection everytime I restart my wireless laptop.

I have a linksys WRT54G2.  I have no problem on line until I need to restart my laptop.  When I get beck to windows, ..I have to go through the entire

setup of the router, then the wireless again.  Anyone have this problem and solved it??  Thnaks for any help folks.

Revo

Re: Lose internet connection everytime I restart my wireless laptop.

[ Edited ]

I have a similar problem. My computer is using the wired connection of the router, but my PS3 uses the wireless part, and everytime i either turn my PS3 on or off I loose internet connection to my computer for about 20 seconds. Its like the router resets every power up or power down of my wireless connection. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

*Edit* 

Got my problem solved. There seems to be an issue with the PS3's Media server resetting the routers connection. I disabled the Media server on my PS3 and it solved my connection issues.

Didn't mean to hyjack your thread, but you seemed to have the same issues as me and I thaught it was a router issue. Good luck on your issue.
Message Edited by Revo on 04-04-2009 10:17 AM
JohnRN1

Re: Lose internet connection everytime I restart my wireless laptop.

Thanks for the info.  I downloaded the updates for my router.  with the new firmware and new Network Magiic, after resetting my router, I can now restart my llaaptop and I'm still conected when I get to windows.  Also, the Network Magic is great....so much faster to use and faster.  Thanks to that one person who detailed how to download and update the new firmware.  This forum is great.  Thanks all.