jhrBanker

Losing InterNet Connection

I'm located in Alexandria, VA, and Comcast is my ISP.
I have an Arris TM402 modem, and LinkSys WRT54Gv5 router.
Router Firmware is version v.1.02.5 build 002.
For some reason, over the last several weeks, I continually lose my connection to the InterNet and have to power-cycle my router in order to reinstate the connection.
Note that my PC does not lose the wireless connection to the router.  The PC remains connected to the router, but I'm unable to access the InterNet until I power-cycle the router.

Any help would be appreciated.
brickmonkey

Re: Losing InterNet Connection

Please access the setup page of the router by launching an Internet Explorer and type on the address bar, 192.168.1.1 and press enter. When it prompts for the username and password, leave the username field empty and provide password as “admin "" all in lower cases and then click on ok. On the main setup page select the "Internet Connection Type" as "PPPoE”. Then provide the username and password provided by your ISP (Internet service provider) for your connection.....- Select the "Keep Alive" option and choose the redial period as 30 sec" and then click on the Save Settings button. Go to status tab ... if shows connected...status ... try going online ...