Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MaxM

Losing Internet connection while connected to VPN through WRT300N

[ Edited ]
Hi! Here's the problem that I have. I'm using WRT300N at home. Once I'm connected to my office VPN the internet is gone. However VPN client is connected. I can't open a single web page or connect to my office machine remotly. If I'm connected to internet directly (passing the router) I have no such problem. Please advise.

Thanks!

Message Edited by MaxM on 01-12-2008 06:01 PM
twomaltmom

Re: Losing Internet connection while connected to VPN through WRT300N

I have the exact same problem with the same router...and it started last night! What's up? My modem checks out fine...so I'm using it without the router now...but that means the other two computers cannot access the internet at all. Yeikes!
dibbler

When you connect to VPN, your computer gets a IP address from remote network, and hence you may face these issues. I think if you want to access local resources then you will have to disconnect from VPN.
MaxM

Hi Dibbler! But I don't have a problem if I'm connecting directly to modem. Not through router.
dibbler

Thanks for the information .... it seems that router is unable to route the ip address to specified location ... Download the latest firmware from http://www.linksys.com/download .... After upgrade reset & reconfigure the router ....
MaxM

Thanks for reply! I'll try to upgrade firmware tonight and post if it helped.
MaxM

Unfortunatelly, I already have a latest firmware installed. Is there anything else that might cause this problem?
bloftus

I am having the same issue. It is intermittent for me. Everything will work fine for half of the day, then all of a sudden I lose connectivity to any web sites, work's Exchange server, IM, etc. VPN is still connected though. As soon as I disconnect VPN, I can get to Internet again. I know it isn't a setting on my laptop as I can access everything fine from other wireless networks in range.
vness

You might need to open vpn ports on the router.  Ask your IT dep't for these numbers.

MaxM

[ Edited ]
Hi! I've tried everything possible. Nothing worked for me. I had to return the router and got WRT52GS. Never had this problem since.

Message Edited by MaxM on 01-28-2008 05:28 AM