POlsen0508

Losing connection on xbox 360

Recently when my husband is on xbox Live (which is directly wired to my Linksys WRT54GL) and my son connects his laptop thru a wireless connection to the network, it kicks my husband off of live. Why is this????
vai_fan

Re: Losing connection on xbox 360

I would suggest you to readjust the wireless settings on the router..Open the router setup page and Under the setup tab,reduce the MTU value to 1365 and click on save settings..Under the Wireless tab,Change the Wireless Channel to 11-2.462GHz and click on save settings...Under the Advanced Wireless Settings...Change the Beacon Interval to 75,Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304,Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 and Click on Save Settings...

Now Power Cycle the network and check....

notorious87

For gaming, it is always best to have your consoles connected via ethernet. You want to reduce every bit of latency possible when gaming. It'll resolve your WiFi issue too :smileywink:
POlsen0508

The Xbox is connected directly to the Linksys via ethernet cord, however my sons macbook is not, that is wireless and when he signs on it kicks the Xbox Live Connection. Also today, the Xbox Live worked, however my PC which the routher is driectly connected to as well via ethernet cord could not connect to the internet. I am wondering, my husband and I opened a port under gaming on Linksys for the Xbox so my husband has a better connection, and I have Verizon DSL, so I opened the DMZ for the Xbox Live as well. SInce I made these changes, my husband has a much better connection on Xbox, but like I said if my sons goes online with his Macbook, my husband gets kicked, and my PC now has no internet connection!! Help!!!!
notorious87

Have you tried setting up a static IP address? Sounds like you may be having an IP address conflict, and that is why you are losing connectivity when another device connects.
POlsen0508

Thank you. Do I set a static IP address for each laptop/pc/xbox etc?? If so how do I do that???