Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
aznsaigon

Lost Connection everytime I turn on my PC

Hi Y'all,

I have the WRT54GS v.2.  Everytime I Shut down my computer, or put it on Standby, I loose my wireless internet connection.  I constantly have to go to "Run..." then type, "services.msc" to go to the "Wireless Zero Configuration" and start the connection under the general tab.  After that, I would need to go to my Wireless Network Connection and connect to my network.  As you can see, this is very annoying evertime I want to turn on my computer and use the internet.

I contacted Linksys support and there is nothing they can do because this is a
"problem" with Windows XP.  The connection is set to Automatic, under the Wireless Zero Configuration so this should not be happening. 

Is there anyone who can help me with my problem?
zeries

Re: Lost Connection everytime I turn on my PC

Hey what adapter is your PC using...

Linksys is right your problem is PC related.
"Give them nothing... But take from them everything..."
-Leonidas "300"
aznsaigon

Thanks for the reply.  I'm using a Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter.  I've updated all of the drivers, and have even tried troubleshooting using Microsoft's support on "Wireless Zero Configurations"

Nothing works.  I've asks friends with the same Linksys wireless Router, and they do not seem to have this problem. 

Any suggestions?
love

I think I know what's going on here...Let me explain that...

When the "wireless adapter" was installed in your laptop, a so-called wireless manager similar with the wireless zero configuration of winxp was installed as well.

And the news is, everytime you boot up your system, it will automatically enable the wireless manager that was installed with the adapter. That's why you have to go to services.msc all the time so that you can use the wireless zero configuration.

The solution that you could do is permanently disable the wireless manager that came with the adapter. Call the manufacturer of the adapter.

Please take note, when you're done with the troubleshooting, before you hang up with them, restart the pc and check if it still occurs or allow the pc to go on stand-by mode. Ok?
Laurielin

It's more of the computer problem...contact Microsoft tech support,they can have advanced troubleshooting steps..if your adapter has it's own wireless utility to connect to the network,then you can also use that to see if you experienced the same problem..
Laurielin

I agree also to what love said..it may switch to the wireless manager of the adapter after you restart your pc.
rdf716

Same thing happens to me, I'm trying to troubleshoot it now.