earlyriser

Lost Linksys Password

I am not able to login to my wireless network.  I had to reinstall windows vista on my laptop I am being asked for a password to gain access to my wireless network and cannot remember it.  Can anyone help?
Donnie1

Re: Lost Linksys Password

I have a new laptop with an existing wireless router.  Where can I find my existing password?
oook

I don't know what wireless router you are using but you can click here and follow the link to check the Wireless Settings on your router...
Marysonshine

How do I find my password or create a new one for my linksys?
jaymay

Marysonshine wrote:
How do I find my password or create a new one for my linksys?

Hi Maryonshine!

What password are you referring to - is it the wireless security password or the router's login password? If you're referring to changing the wireless security password, you can refer to this link for instructions: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=19073. If you're referring to changing the router's login password, this link will help you: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=f8ddfa094408462c86100958adba3817_3976.xml&pid=80&r....

runchkin1

What is the address (ie: 000.000.000.000) to access the router?

jaymay

runchkin1 wrote:

What is the address (ie: 000.000.000.000) to access the router?

What is the make and model of your router? If it's a linksys router, the default IP address is 192.168.1.1 and that is the IP address you will have to use to access the router page. For more info how to access your router page, refer to this link: Accessing the router’s web-based setup page.

richvarsay

[ Edited ]

You can not login with another account if you have admin login & you forget the password. You have no choice to go to the router page and configure a new user account to access router network because you already lost you password.

So, I would recommended you to reset you router.Just press a small button behind your router device to reset it. Press & hold it for 20 second. Your router has been reset. Its time to create a new account to acess network.

But, if your laptop still asking for password....so something wrong with windows vista hardware compatibility with Linksys router. Cheak your hardware & software configuration or do reformat your computer if it is still not working after system restore.

If any other kind of Linksys router problem, reply with your question. I will try to help you to troubleshoot your Linksys wireless router problem.

Mod Note: Link to 3rd party support removed.