Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
npschicago

Mac Connection Problems

I connect with my router wirelessly on my PC, no problem. But now I have a Mac desktop in another room and I can't connect with it; when I enter the WEP key I use with my PC, I keep getting a message that tells me I have the wrong password. What am I doing wrong?
Gollum

Re: Mac Connection Problems

Check if the wireless key you are using is correct or not ...
If so then reboot the computer (MAC) & again try to configure the wireless profile according to the wireless settings in the router ....

Also make sure that the key/password that you are using is the one that you entered under wireless security tab and not the router password, I have came across this issue before. If for some reason it continues not to work try making up a new key in the router and make sure that it is entered into each wireless PC.

Good Luck,
Ttech
npschicago

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll never know what the issue really was; I ended up resetting the router to factory defaults and started from scratch; when I finished it worked. Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for informing us of what you have done to correct the issue, I am sure it will help others.

Enjoy.
ttech