freakdam

Model WRT54G2 V1

Had a secure network with my model wrt54g2 v1 router, then suddenly it's not showing up.  All I have is a unsecured Linksys way on to the Internet.  How can I get this back to my secure network? 

Administrator
24JUAN80

Re: Model WRT54G2 V1

Click on this link on How to Secure your Network.

If you mean you have set it up and it resets to factory defaults, then it might be the NVRAM going bad.

Try to flash it with the latest firmware and observe if the problem persists. Might be time to get a newer router.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
freakdam

Thanks for responding!!  Have one question, what is "flashing" it?  Thanks again!

Administrator
24JUAN80

It is a way of pushing fixes and updates from the manufacturer to your router. At times, it also resolves internal conflicts inside your routers ROM. If you are new to this, I suggest you read a lot about this process as it requires by the book understanding and procedure to accomplish this task.

If you confirm this is what your issue requires, you may start here.

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-apac/support/routers/WRT54G2

There are a lot of references on the internet as well, on how to flash your specific router.

The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
freakdam

Great info....Thanks again for all your assistance!!!

Corleone

The re-flash process means that you will be updating your firmware with a version that is similar to the one that you are currently using. Here is the link for the same: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=e9c2361ee7974d75913e61386a712188_4030.xml&pid=80&r...

sathish kurian77

how i can reset my password

earthmyrll120288

[ Edited ]

sathish kurian77 wrote:

how i can reset my password

Do you want to reset the password to factory defaults or do you want to retrieve it? There is a way to retrieve wireless password if you forgotten it. Click the link below.

Checking the Linksys router’s wireless settings through the web-based setup page