Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
reastland
Accepted Solution

My Router is Blocking a Website

I have a Linksys E2500 wireless router. It seems to be blocking a website (evernote.com). I cannot access this site from any of the computers/ devices in our house, whether they be connected by ethernet or wireless.  However, when i move to a different network, I can connect to this site immediately from exactly the devices that do not connect in our house.

How can I determine how/if the router is somehow blocking this site? I have reset the router and upgraded the firmware. Same problem persists.  I see nothing in the router settings that would be blocking this site, and I have certainly done nothing intentional in the settings to block this. We used to be able to connect to this with no problems, but all of a sudden, we are blocked.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Expert
sabretooth

Re: My Router is Blocking a Website

Try lowering the MTU value to 1400 and try again.

reastland

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem. Any other ideas?

Thanks again!

Expert
sabretooth

Bypass the router and connect the computer directly to the modem and try.

routerguy99

Turn off QOS that has problems on the E4200

reastland

Thanks. Good suggestions. I got it working, but I'm not completely sure what did the trick. I turned off QoS, but still no success.

Then, I connected a laptop directly to the modem via Ethernet, and the site in question (evernote.com) loaded instantaneously, so I knew that the problem had to be in the router. I should have done this initially.

After that, I had to reboot my network to get the various devices back on line since I had intercepted things at the source (modem). As I was about to post back to this thread that things were still not working, I decided to check the site one last time now that the network was back on line. Lo and behold, the site that wasn't working lit up like a Christmas tree.

So, I can't tell if it was the the MTU change, the QoS shutoff, or both that resolved the problem, but something fixed it. I had rebooted the network previously, so I doubt it that alone was what resolved it. Maybe somehow after changing the settings, the reboot was necessary. (note: I had rebooted the router by itself after making those changes, but that didn't resolve anything)

Thanks for everybody's help. The problem seems to be solved.