Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
reastland
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎03-26-2007
Accepted Solution

My Router is Blocking a Website

I have a Linksys E2500 wireless router. It seems to be blocking a website (evernote.com). I cannot access this site from any of the computers/ devices in our house, whether they be connected by ethernet or wireless.  However, when i move to a different network, I can connect to this site immediately from exactly the devices that do not connect in our house.

 

How can I determine how/if the router is somehow blocking this site? I have reset the router and upgraded the firmware. Same problem persists.  I see nothing in the router settings that would be blocking this site, and I have certainly done nothing intentional in the settings to block this. We used to be able to connect to this with no problems, but all of a sudden, we are blocked.

 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Expert
sabretooth
Posts: 5,318
Registered: ‎11-11-2008

Re: My Router is Blocking a Website

Try lowering the MTU value to 1400 and try again.

reastland
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎03-26-2007

Re: My Router is Blocking a Website

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem. Any other ideas?

 

Thanks again!

Expert
sabretooth
Posts: 5,318
Registered: ‎11-11-2008

Re: My Router is Blocking a Website

Bypass the router and connect the computer directly to the modem and try.

routerguy99
Posts: 102
Registered: ‎08-18-2009

Re: My Router is Blocking a Website

Turn off QOS that has problems on the E4200

reastland
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎03-26-2007

Re: My Router is Blocking a Website

Thanks. Good suggestions. I got it working, but I'm not completely sure what did the trick. I turned off QoS, but still no success.

 

Then, I connected a laptop directly to the modem via Ethernet, and the site in question (evernote.com) loaded instantaneously, so I knew that the problem had to be in the router. I should have done this initially.

 

After that, I had to reboot my network to get the various devices back on line since I had intercepted things at the source (modem). As I was about to post back to this thread that things were still not working, I decided to check the site one last time now that the network was back on line. Lo and behold, the site that wasn't working lit up like a Christmas tree.

 

So, I can't tell if it was the the MTU change, the QoS shutoff, or both that resolved the problem, but something fixed it. I had rebooted the network previously, so I doubt it that alone was what resolved it. Maybe somehow after changing the settings, the reboot was necessary. (note: I had rebooted the router by itself after making those changes, but that didn't resolve anything)

 

Thanks for everybody's help. The problem seems to be solved.