Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nixius

My WRT160N does not connect to the internet.

I have 2 computers and connect wired with one and wireless with the other one.  I installed my router and plug in the internet cord from my wired PC (while that Ethernet cord is plugged in to the back of my wired PC I have Active internet on it) to the back of my router in the "internet" port.  And then I have a another Ethernet cord from the back of my router in  port "1" going to the PC. At that time my wired PC confirms that there is a physical connection however there is no internet on the wired PC any more.  As for my Wireless PC, it detect and connect to the WRT160N router however it has no internet connection.  Now if I take the Ethernet cable (that is connect from the modem to the WRT160N Router and from the router to the PC), and removed it from the router and plug it in directly to the PC (so that it will be from the modem to the PC) I will have active internet once again.
Expert
sabretooth

Re: My WRT160N does not connect to the internet.

If you have version 2 (V2) of this router go here:

http://audipages.com/router/

and perform a firmware downgrade and try again..

Nixius

Re: My WRT160N(v1) does not connect to the internet.

I have version 1.
forsaken

Re: My WRT160N does not connect to the internet.

You should reset your linksys router and then, re-configure it...

Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...
Also make sure that your computer is set to obtain IP automatically, disable any firewalls, security softwares on the computer before trying to access the setup page.

Your PC should be connected to the Ethernet Port 1 of the Linksys router, your modem should be connected to the Internet port of the Linksys router...

If your Internet Service Providor is Cable follow this
If your Internet Service Providor is DSL follow this