Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ocardinali

My WRT54G v5 router loses internet connection frequently

My WRT54G v5 router loses internet connection frequently. Sometimes occurs when you enter a web or sometimes every few minutes, but without a pattern. I have W XP Pro with SP3 and I have a pc wired to the router and sometimes 2 notebook with Wi-Fi. What could be the problem?. Thank you very much.

Mort

Re: My WRT54G v5 router loses internet connection frequently

What firmware you are using on the router...?

Try to hard-reset the router and re-configure it from scratch.Also,reduce the MTU on the router and check. the connection.

ocardinali

The version is 1.02.6 which is not the newest but is the previous version. I 'll Try with with the newest and then make a reset. Can I then restore from a backup configuration? Thanks

ocardinali

What MTU is recomended for avoiding troubles ??  Thanks

Mort

First you can try by upgrading the firmware and resetting the router.After that observe the connection and check.If you get the same problem again then,reduce the MTU on the router to 1350.

ocardinali

I have upgraded the firmware to v 1.02.8 and reduced the MTU to 1350 but after a few minutes of doing that I had the same problem... The router reboots itself, again and again and again...

It's possible to run some diagnostic utility that somebody can check ??  

It's possible it would be a router failure ??

I note that sometimes is ok and when Entering some web pages the router reboots itself and I loose my internet connection, but others, the router reboots for no apparent reason...

I dont know what to do...