Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MeganAshley

My Wireless-B Linksys router is not working

I had this router for a while. It worked in the beginning when I set it up but now I cannot get connected to the internet. All the proper lights on the router are working as well as on the router but for some reason it keeps telling me "No Internet Access". I even downloaded a new firmware and installed it on there. It is a model BEFW11S4 version 4. Thanks in advance for the help.

UnknownHero

Re: My Wireless-B Linksys router is not working

Hello, who is your internet provider? How many computers do you have and what Windows version are they running?

dibbler

I think you can try to reset the router and reconfigure it.

Press and hold the reset button on the router for 30 seconds. Release the reset button for 30 seconds. Power cycle the router and reconfigure it.

kimv28

My wireless router quit working. I have tried resetting it and that didn't work so I unplugged it and it still isn't working. Comcast contacted me last week saying I have a very high usage like someone has been piggy backing my connection and now it wont work anymore. I set a password which I didn't have before and turned off all network finding and sharing options and the high usage still continued. Now I don't know how to fix it and I don't want to have to pay like $100 for comcast to send me another one which for that amount of money they wont even set it up but rather will talk to me on the phone and tell me how to do it. This is such a pain. I wish I could just have a seperate modem for each computer since even when the router did work it constantly dropped internet on my other computer. My router model number is WRT310N. If anyone knows how to fix it and can tell me it would be wonderful.

hiptechboy

If it isn't starting then you need a new router. Comcast lets you borrow a router if you are leasing a cable or voip modem. All you need to do is pay a $9.95 shipping fee. Here's the link.

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.
kawal

if you're still able to access the router configuration page (http://192.168.1.1) try resetting the router through this interface. go to the Administration tab then the sub-tab Factory Defaults. choose Yes then save the settings.