fibercoug
Accepted Solution

Names of devices connected to router

How can I tell the names of the devices that are connected to my E2000 router? Cisco connect says I have 4 devices connected but I only have 3. I am trying to figure out where the 4th device is coming from.

Carrot

Re: Names of devices connected to router

Open the Cisco connect software. Go to 'Router settings' and click on 'Advanced settings'. That will open the setup page of the router.

Click on Status tab. Go to ' Local network ' sub tab. Click on ' DHCP Client table' button. Here you will find the list of devices connected to the network.

fibercoug

Thank you. For some reason my router and wireless printer are not connecting. Seems to be a printer problem. Thanks again.

zhuangpeipei

Hi, everyone.I bought a brand new E2000(FW:1.0.04).The dhcp client table is always blank.But I can find the dhcp process in the dhcp client log.Does anyone have the same problem?

mshannon39

[ Edited ]

I've seen this router only displays dhcp devices that are wired to the router.  Wireless connections don't show up in the DHCP table.  That was until I updated FW to 1.0.04 Build 7, must have been one of the bugs - I know it used to display wireless connection when I first installed last year.

mbratch

I have several devices connected to my E2000, a couple wired and the rest wireless. I keep hitting "Refresh" and the table changes. Most of the time, it only shows the two wired devices, sometimes only one. Sometimes it shows two of the wireless devices, one at a time (not at the same time). In short, it acts weird.

aitch2oh

I have same issue. The reported Solution does not work. I'm on an Intel Mac running Leopard (10.5.8)

I'd like to be able to see the IP addresses the E2000 has dynamically assigned to the devices attached to it, such as my 2 printers and 2 computers--not to mention the hardware wirelessly connected to the router.

Every time there is a brief power loss or some such, the router assigns new IP addresses. It's not too much trouble to check the computers to find out the new IP addresses, but there are hoops to jump through for the printers--not only to access the new IP addresses, but to set-up them up again (RIP/Postscript drivers, etc.). I didn't have this issue with the DLink that the E2000 replaced.

If I knew enough about networking to assign static IPs to the attached devices (if that's even possible) I would.

chrisnguyencali

Re: Names of devices chrisnguyencali

Carrot wrote:

Open the Cisco connect software. Go to 'Router settings' and click on 'Advanced settings'. That will open the setup page of the router.

Click on Status tab. Go to ' Local network ' sub tab. Click on ' DHCP Client table' button. Here you will find the list of devices connected to the network.

Carrot wrote:

lindalinda

Cisco says I have 40 and I only have 4, huge difference. maybe because when I first installed my linksys. I called company for help and got some guy calling himself shibo and he hacked my computer and will not leave my router nor my computer. I have tried for 8 months to get rid of him, but he hacked into my dos. and as long as I remain with cisco linksys  he is going to be on my router hacking my stuff. I think this company should not hire foreigners to maintain the business. I talked to cisco headquarters and they could not do anything, they just suggest that I ask for american based help only...so everyone. please beware!! 

jaymay

lindalinda wrote:

Cisco says I have 40 and I only have 4, huge difference. maybe because when I first installed my linksys. I called company for help and got some guy calling himself shibo and he hacked my computer and will not leave my router nor my computer. I have tried for 8 months to get rid of him, but he hacked into my dos. and as long as I remain with cisco linksys  he is going to be on my router hacking my stuff. I think this company should not hire foreigners to maintain the business. I talked to cisco headquarters and they could not do anything, they just suggest that I ask for american based help only...so everyone. please beware!! 

Hi! Where were you able to see the 40 devices connected to your network? Have you tried powering off your router and see if it shows the same number of devices connected to your network?