Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sheis

Need Playstation 3 Wireless setup help....

I have a BEFW11S4 Wireless router and I'm trying to connect it to my Ps3 via a wireless connection, I'm running my router fairly simply with a Wpa(tkip) and pretty much just default settings from there on. When setting up my Ps3 it detects my wireless so I know my router is sending out its signal and the Ps3 is picking it up. I go through the setting process SSID--> WPA-PSK (TKIP)--> Enter WPA--> and run the automatic settings from there but each time it tells me to "A connection to the access point could not be established. check the Security settings for the wireless LAN". I did so and everything is normal and there is no settings I use other that the wiresless security wpa. What could be causing it?
Corleone

Re: Need Playstation 3 Wireless setup help....

Not quite sure whether PS3 supports WPA...moreover , even the error message itself suggests that it is failing to connect to the router with WPA security.....

you can either disable the security or keep it to wep - 64 bits...and see whether it helps...
trd_rg

i recently acquired a PS3 and have been trying very hard to get it connected to the net via wireless.

I am having a WAG54G router that has been serving me well on wireless as well as wired PC. My normal setting for wireless is SSID broadcasting enabled, WEP encryption and DHCP enable. The router is placed in my study room while PS3 is in the living room area. Signal pickup from PS3 is mere 5 to 10% at times.

Relocated the router to living to ensure its 100% signal strength so that i can test out the wireless. Read and did some research about wireless connection on PS3. They are suggesting to disable SSID broadcast and change the channel to 9 instead.

Did that, hide the SSID still with WEP encryption on, using PS3 on automatic configuration fails to have an IP registered. Tried hardcoding the IP address, DNS etc on PS3, succeeded in getting an IP but during test connection, it failed with stupid message 80710102 - error occurred while resolving the name of the server! All these meddling is trying out various methods on wireless. In the end i gave up.. Tried wired connection and internet connection came on! Alas connection speed is **bleep** slow.

I am still trying to find out why my WAG54G router cant work, moreover i have recently upgraded the firmware. Too bad DD-WRT does not support my model else i would like to further boost my router signal strength - overclocking perhaps.

By the way, i reside in Singapore and my PS3 set is from Hong Kong - Asian model.

Please continue to update this thread in particular on PS3 wireless connection, its getting frustating that you cant get it connected whereas PC or laptop works wonderfully well with the router.
rickybennett

try torning of the upnp in the router sitting my ps3 wold not stay online wireless tell i tornd that off now it work good
spike77

I have the same problem with my PS3. If I unsecured my router the wireless works fine on my PS3. But I need my router secured, I don't want other people to steal my signal. Does anyone know the fix? I get the same message that "A connection to the access point could not be established"