jearmeymorgan

Need help setting XBOX 360 to have bandwidth priority over my laptop

I have a WRT54GS wireless router.  I have a laptop connected wirelessly through it, and an XBOX 360 wired into it.  If I use my laptop at the same time as my XBOX then my laptops connection works great, but my XBOX lags hardcore.  I need to figure out how to set the router to send most of my bandwdith to the XBOX and not as much to the computer.  I would rather the computer lag than the XBOX.  I don't know what all info I need to provide in order to get the answers that I seek, but if anyone can provide me with any explanation then I will be able to give you more info about my stuff.  Thanks

Re: Need help setting XBOX 360 to have bandwidth priority over my laptop

1. Log into your router's web management tool by pointing your internet browser to 192.168.1.1 (default username: admin password: admin)

2. Click on the "Applications and Gaming" tag

3. Click on the "QOS" subtab

4.  Ensure Internet Access Priority is Enabled

5. Pull down the "Category" menu box

5a. If you know the MAC address of the Xbox select "MAC Address"

5b. If you know the port number the xbox is plugged into the router,  select "Ethernet Port"

6.Input the information in the box below the pull down menu and setthe priority to high

7. Save your settings

*** PLEASE NOTE ****

Network performance may be degraded for other devices while you are using the network on the xbox

ridcully

Re: Need help setting XBOX 360 to have bandwidth priority over my laptop

Follow the steps given by jonathancnewcom to setup the priority for X-Box...However as you are getting lag on your X-Box then,try changing the MTU size to 1364 under the setup tab and click on sace settings..Now,check.