Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
vmoriarity

Need my wireless network security key

I got a laptop and a kindall.  Wanted to connect them to my wireless network.  A screen asks for the wireless network security key.  I have no idea what that is.  Went to home computer and tried to copy the key, but I ended up deleting it and now can't connect to my wi-fi on that either.  I  attempted to restore computer to earlier date in hopes I could get back the code that was set up and when that didn't work, I set the router to default mode by using a pen to hold in button in back 10 to 15 seconds.  Nothing has work, and I have no internet connection.  I had to use my computer at work to type this.  What can I do?

Expert
sabretooth

Re: Need my wireless network security key

You must hard reset the router by pressing and holding the reset button in back for 30 seconds and release.  Wait 10 seconds and power cycle the router.  Connect via your browser with a wired computer to 192.168.1.1 username blank, password 'admin'.  Now configure the router back to your settings with your new SSID and password.  Once done change all your computers to  the same password.  Write the password down and tape it to the router.

AlexaHamilton

You need to download the manual for the router from the manufacturer's site, log in using the browser and go to wireless security. You can read the key.

battery powered spy camera

Expert
sabretooth

Thread is 1.5 years old, answered already