NCLenio

Need to find out my username and password

My kid set the WRT54GS router up a year ago and we have lost the username and password.  Is there a way to recover the username and so I access the admin screen?

Expert
Expert

Re: Need to find out my username and password

No. You have to reset the router to factory defaults pressing the reset button for 30 seconds.
gandalf

For the first time when you setup the router with the help of the disk. It automatically creates and save the Linksys router settings folder on the desktop screen. So, if the router settings folder is still available on the main computer then you can find the user name and password in that folder.

elaguna

Unfortunately, there is not a way to retrieve the user name and password for the WRT 54GS. What you can do is to reset and reconfigure the router.  I suggest you try passwords that you most commonly use because resetting would give you the risk of losing the internet connection that you have using the router.

If you decide to reset the router anyway, click this link to learn more about setting up the router with DSL internet connection or click here if you have cable Internet connection.

bobeppie@att.net

How do Ifind my username and password?

Expert
sabretooth

bobeppie, read the above.  You must reset your router and reconfigure it.  Once reset the username is left blank, password is 'admin'.