sculptr
Accepted Solution

Need to know how to reconfigure router settings

Hi - I was online with tech support for an hour before they told me that they couldn't help me unless I paid them or bought a new router.  Neither is an option for me financially so I hope that someone can help.  :-(

My cable signal went out very briefly, probably for 5-10 seconds.  When it came back, my router was no longer working.  I jumped through all the reset hoops that normally work, but nothing worked this time.  The tech guy said that I needed to reconfigure my router settings.  I don't know how.  Can someone here help me?

I  am running Windows Vista and the router is a Linksys E1000, version 2.  Is there a page on this site that tells me what to do?  I couldn't find it.

Thank you SO much for any help that you can give me.  I'm desperate!

jaymay

Re: Need to know how to reconfigure router settings

Hi! You have to access the setup page of the router to reconfigure the settings. This link should help you: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=0ff4c94586a345d082828ec2161aaecf_3686.xml&pid=80&r.... Before doing the steps though, reset your router by pushing the reset button on the device for 15seconds.

sculptr

Re: Need to know how to reconfigure router settings

Thank you for your kind reply.  I did some reading and found that if I reinstalled the router, that would take care of the problem.  It did, and I'm back online!  I appreciate your response though!