Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
buckshot

New Firmware for WRT350N

Has anyone successfully loaded and got the new firmware to work.  The forum has a lot of horror stories and I am wondering if it is worth the fixes that are in the code to fry my router?
BUCKSHOT
Badboy

Re: New Firmware for WRT350N

Hi,
             Yes u can upgarde the firmware to 1.03.7 ...the router works fine with this firmware !

My WRT350N is going on day number 2 with this firmware and no problems of any kind yet, I might attach my USB drive again to test the USB storage and see if that works any better.
bobiii

I upgraded two days ago and never disconnected my usb drive. Everything worked perfectly. The only thing is that the security light is now orange instead of green. I think I need to do more with the usb drive to increase the security. I noticed that there's now a pin number associated with the router.
roncruiser

Where do you get the firmware upgrade?
Jesse6749

We all got it from the Linksys technical support downloads web page for WRT350N router.
buckshot

thanks for the replies..., all seems fine..., can now access my 500GB usb drive and the file shares from VISTA...., and can now play music off of it from my SONOS.

Does anyone know why now the SECURITY light on the router is not GREEN but YELLOW/ORANGE?
BUCKSHOT
Jesse6749

buckshot wrote:
thanks for the replies..., all seems fine..., can now access my 500GB usb drive and the file shares from VISTA...., and can now play music off of it from my SONOS.
Does anyone know why now the SECURITY light on the router is not GREEN but YELLOW/ORANGE?

I think that is normal when you have a usb hard drive connected, I noticed the light turned amber when I connected a usb drive as well.
DigitalMocking

Unfortunately the latest firmware bricked my router as well.  Upgrade at your own risk, now I've got to go through the hassle of an RMA.
mrugs

I upgraded the firmware today from 1.03.2 to new version 1.03.7. No problems to report. I have 3desktops and 2 wireless computers connected as well as a network printer and vonage phone adapter. I didn't even have to reset anything before or after the upgrade. I did unplug everything and bring cable modem up first then the router just to see if everything would reboot up. I noticed improved wireless operation over older version. No problems to report. Thanks Linksys.